Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Relationship Problems - Advice
Anonymous Wrote:Thank you all so much for your replies.

I have been stupid and online relationships are not real.

Don't be so hasty now.

You're not stupid - you detected a problem and have taken steps to address it. Someone stupid would have let it fester (ie, the kind of thing I do).

And not all online relationships are the same - I know of a few that have worked out well. Of course, that involved the people eventually meeting in person and getting to know the person behind the computer screen. From what I gather, that's very much the exception rather than the rule. But it can happen.

Anonymous Wrote:Thank you all so much for your replies.

I have been stupid and online relationships are not real.

No, you are not stupid. The fact that you sought out advice is both brave and smart.

It really depends on the situation. They can come to pass in real life if the chances are there, money to travel, time, etc.

But it's very hard and it takes a high level of commitment on both parts. It is naturally difficult to commit to someone who is not in front of you, especially when you have other choices for dating available to you nearby.

You just learned something here. That's never bad.

Oh no dear, no one told you that you are stupid

We just thought, we cant really rely on astrology solely to determine and predict the behavior of other people

with online relationships, it might work. But it takes a lot of hard work and trust.

I know a lot of success stories of online and long distance relationships but it really depends on the 2 parties

now with your dilemma, the best thing to do is message him and apologize because i think you kinda made him feel suffocated with your words, most especially with the last email you sent him

that's the least you can do since you don't really see him in person. And if you will just wait for him to message you, then you might just be waiting for nothing.

At least, you wont have any regrets in the future like "what if i messaged him before.."

just once, and if no reply, then move on.. you already did your part.

Sorry if you felt offended with some replies.

all the best

Men tend to leap to a lot of conclusions.

IDK about your partner, but I know for myself I tend to stop using the computer/devices and withdraw into my own little world from time to time. Its nothing personal to the people I maintain and internet relationship with - I honestly get tot the point where I sit down and the computer, open up a browser and just stare at it blankly feeling extremely exhausted, tired, and just not up to 'dealing with all of that'.

I'm worse if I go anywhere... Even going the the grocers will usually send me to cut myself off from the rest of the world for the rest of the day. If I went anyplace on vacation (aside from a camping trip in isolation from lots of people) I most likely would need days, if not week to get back into the whole 'dealing with it' thing.

I am an introvert, and this is typically of introverted people.

I think your partner had an exhausting vacation (they usually are oddly enough) and just needs time to recenter and shit.... Stop taking it personally. I think if the relationship was really over he would mention that.

Guys,

I was never offended by what you suggested. I asked for your opinions and you gave them and for that I know you all meant well. Shortly after writing on here I realized that I probably jumped to the wrong conclusions and tried to see it from his point of view which was that he may have had other things on his mind (I cannot elaborate).

Anyway today I got a nice email explaining everything and telling me how he feels. We spoke online again and he wants to meet shortly so I guess we will see? I do not usually take online relationships seriously but there is something different about this guy.

Thank you everyone for giving me your time and helping me stabilize my mind again and I hope all of you find happiness in lifeHerz

All the best
Mark

Just from the original post, my experience with Scorpios tend to be dramatic. More often than not, they tend to be very clingy with me, and/or very direct and unforgiving.

I'm an Aries, things happen. Facepalm

More to the point, astrology is just a fun thing to think about, it doesn't determine outcomes.

Furthermore, about online relationships - they almost never work. In my opinion, they're right up there with long distance relationships - if they do work, it's rare.

If you must do online dating, do it locally, meet in safe places - all that jazz; I say this because there's more promise of it working.

On a final note; 2 months isn't much. I would try to maintain contact with the guy, at the very least it's better than nothing.