Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online dating experience
Is it me or 99% of guys on online dating website are total bastards?

OK, I never get any messages there except for the rare ones from over 50 years old men who look for someone to play with. I can think of some explanation for that - my pics are not in i-take-a-pic-of-myself-in-the-mirror-with-iphone4-so-that-everyone-sees-my-body style, but rather me in clothes.

Me sending a message usually ends up with one of the following:

1) Ignore
2) "Sorry, no interest" message
3) a dialogue starts during which it gets clear the guy is:

a) not very smart
b) not smart at all
c) looks for one-time sex
d) seems to be fine, but in a week tells he is not interested (why the hell you didn't say that in the first place?)

How about your experience?

I just started looking at okcupid. I am not really ready to date, but this is what I fear about online dating.

Sorry to hear its been rough for you, hopefully it will turn around.

Bourani Wrote:Is it me or 99% of guys on online dating website are total bastards?

That's a bit harsh for just not being interested.

Bourani Wrote:How about your experience?

The sorts of guys that different sites attract are quite different, perhaps you are using the wrong one for you?

I met my bf (soon to be husband) on match.com, perseverance paid off for me.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Bourani Wrote:Is it me or 99% of guys on online dating website are total bastards?

OK, I never get any messages there except for the rare ones from over 50 years old men who look for someone to play with. I can think of some explanation for that - my pics are not in i-take-a-pic-of-myself-in-the-mirror-with-iphone4-so-that-everyone-sees-my-body style, but rather me in clothes.

Me sending a message usually ends up with one of the following:

1) Ignore
2) "Sorry, no interest" message
3) a dialogue starts during which it gets clear the guy is:

a) not very smart
b) not smart at all
c) looks for one-time sex
d) seems to be fine, but in a week tells he is not interested (why the hell you didn't say that in the first place?)

How about your experience?

I started dabbing around online when I was about 20, went on a lot of dates etc. Most either didnt click or were only after sex. Never entered into a relationship until I was 24, and 2 years later its stronger than ever. (it was myspace, so not REALLY a dating site I guess).

If I were you, I'd just put myself out there as much as possible, be-it online, bar, friend referrals, etc. You WILL go through a lot of garbage, but its worth it in the end!