Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ooooops! KidzBop makes "R rated" song?
Ooooops! KidzBop makes "R rated" song?

For those who don't know, "KidzBop" is a series of records/CDs that are sung by kids, for kids. They cover original songs, and (if necessary) water down/change the lyrics to make sure everything is "G-rated" for young years.

The most recent KidzBop CD contains a cover of Meghan Trainor's smash from last year, "All About That Bass".....a song about being proud of being a full figured woman. Some of the changes are:

"I got the boom boom that all the boys chase and all the right junk in all the right places" is changed to "I got the dance moves that all the boys chase and all the right moves in all the right places"

"My mama she told me don't worry about your size, boys like a little more booty to hold at night" is changed to "my mama she told me don't worry about your size, don't let it keep you at home in your room all night."

The problem happened with the following lyric...."I'm bringing booty back, go 'head and tell those skinny bitches that"

That lyric was changed to "I'm bringing it all back, go 'head and tell them other haters that." HOWEVER.......the kids sing "it all" very fast, which makes them sound like they're singing "I'm bringing anal back!" A number of listeners have posted to twitter to comment on hearing "anal" and not "it all".

If you want to compare, here's Meghan's original song (as if you haven't heard it already).

and here's a link to the story, that has the kidzbop version at the end.

(or, if you don't want to listen that long, just skip to 1:20 into each song)
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

We hear what we want to hear.

Are there are some things we like to hear more than others.

Lol this made me laugh out loud lolllllll

Oh dear kids theses days Big Grin

There are some interesting lyrics...

"My mama told me don't worry about the size..."
"...every inch of you is perfect, from the bottom to the top"

...but I don't hear "Anal" at 1:20. Perhaps the people complaining have latent sexual issues that they need to address.

The kids are not alright.

At least it wasn't Anaconda.

It wasn't KidzBop, but some other vaguely similar concept where 10-year-olds did versions of pop songs, ostensibly to give parents and kids something they could both agree on to listen to. Anyway, I was looking at one such CD at a shop, and one of the songs the "Kids" had redone was "De Do Do Do De Da Da Da" by the Police. I'm assuming it was chosen because, well, the chorus starts "de do do do de da da da, that's all I want to say to you", and somebody thought "Oh, that's a nice fun little sing-along song that kids and parents can sing together!" Ends up the song is about the power of words. The prechorus is "When their eloquence escapes me, their logic ties me up and rapes me". One can only hope they made some lyrical changes there.

Lex