Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open relationships
An interesting film to watch about a threesome that is a stable partnership but with three men is the film THREE that was brought to photography in Howard Roffman's book.
[Image: 5.jpg]
If you're interested in downloading this, I'll give you the links, if they are still available.

I guess that's kind of how it boils down for me. I've never been comfortable with the idea of more than one partner in a relationship, gay or straight. I mean maybe I'm just an old fashion kinda guy, but what I've always looked for in a relationship is someone who I can tell all my secrets to and make those emotional and mental connections. The things that run deeper than just lust and physical desire. And I find it hard to be able to do that with more than one person.

Quote:Then there's Uranus in Libra

Well that clears up a lot for me Smile lol

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I mean...I guess they work for some people. If you're able to do it successfully, more power to you! But I, personally, could never do it.

I'd be SUCH a jealous bitch! xD I would never be able to handle it emotionally!

Plus, a few years ago, my boyfriend at the time brought up wanting to watch me with some other guy. He was really into the idea, but I said no. I felt sick at the thought of being with someone outside of the relationship.

If people are able to do it, great. Smile But I couldn't. xD[/COLOR]

Pix Wrote:That's not what I heard.

But then I thought planets (especially Mars & Venus) and one of the asteroids (forget which one) had a lot more to do than sun signs on determining how a person approached romance & sex (houses also matter). Then there's Uranus in Libra:

Wow. So I'm a slut then? Disoriented lol

I suppose my Libra-ness is not 100% Libran... Cuz I settle, not mingle lol Smile

You might be surprised if you had met all the “stable “ gay male couples I´ve met in my life:biggrin:. It´s incredible, but in fact they have worked just fine and have lasted for many years together. They even go to find another sex affairs together. The 95% of them have been open relationships:eek:.

I suppose that a strong point that keeps the relationship alive is the freedom and calmness both members get once they make the pact, and all the benefits they harvest with this. I mean, you can appreciate all the qualities and virtues on your main partnerConfusedmile:, but it´s very difficult that one person can satisfy all your needs and tastes. So, why not to find the remaining part in another person?Diablotin.

You have the chance to date another dudes or have sex with them without the guilt feeling.Grlaugh

You don´t have to worry about being fooled, since now it´s implied that your partner will be ocassionally with another person for sure. Wink2Smileysex

You can get more than you have. And if your new affair doesn´t work the way you like, you can go back to your main partner arms.Knuddel

You can even join your main partner and his/her affair!. Group

When a person cheats on his/her partner is sometimes because they are searching for something that they feel is absent or missing in the relationship (passion, comprehension, excitement, etc...). That person could just finish the relationship to be able to find another person that can provide what they want, but why don´t they do that?. Because there are some things that the actual partner has and that they don´t want to loose. Perhaps he/she gives me economic safety, is very affectionate, reliable, we enjoy doing a lot of things together, and all that jazz. A person that cheats wants to maximize his/her benefit by getting most of his/her needs covered, and it’s not willing to give up what they already have to get what is missing/absent.

I´m not fond of that kind of relationship, but I have to recognize that it can work as well as a close one. I suppose it depends on the kind of people. The ones that shine by their jealousy will definitely fail in the attempt.

Oh, another thing that has amazed me is the self confidence that the protagonists have shownMdrbig; for the most it seems like if they wouldn´t have anything to be afraid of. They seem to feel that if their respective partners meet another person more attractive, fun, passionate, they´ll still be the main stuff.

This is not a rule or an universal truth; it´s what I´ve quietly observedPeepwall with the people I´ve met. And of course it´s not all fun and excitement all the time. Having an open relationship has it consequences. But that´s another story.:tongue:

QueenOdi Wrote:Wow. So I'm a slut then? Disoriented lol

I suppose my Libra-ness is not 100% Libran... Cuz I settle, not mingle lol Smile

No sign is a slut (just like no sign is gay). In astrology, sun signs are actually a small part of what makes up a person, other planets & asteroids (and moon) also matter (A LOT) as do houses & ascendants. In the case of Uranus in Libra I found out about that because I knew a sexually freaky (but friendly, and I was comfortable with him) guy and I looked up his chart and thought "aha!" as I saw it. However, he was not into open relationships (he was ok with the idea), though he did share a girlfriend with another guy once. In his case, his moon in cancer and venus in scorpio kept him monogamous, IMO.

Of course that assumes astrology is a valid way to know someone. And even if it is, and all the factors (not just sun signs) are taken into account, then it describes inclination, not destiny. Environment and other factors also matter. It's more of a way to see which way the psychic winds are blowing so you can set your sails (or take them down) accordingly, and the real use to me is seeing how compatible one is with another.

Btw, I had trouble with a girlfriend of mine (the stud) and I feared it wasn't working out. We went to couples therapy but our counselor was a smug idiot who made it even worse. Then I dragged her to an astrologer and she read us right (whether it was her skill at astrology or just good people reading skills, I'll leave that up to the reader to decide) and her advice worked and made our relationship possible and happy for many years. Granted, it ended badly but she said our chart (mainly how the planets in our chart related to each other) showed that it would and suggested we just enjoy a brief fling and stay friends after rather than trying to make it work and probably never seeing each other again after it was over. In retrospect I wish we'd listened to her. Astrology 1, Psychology 0.

Pix Wrote:No sign is a slut (just like no sign is gay). In astrology, sun signs are actually a small part of what makes up a person, other planets & asteroids (and moon) also matter (A LOT) as do houses & ascendants. In the case of Uranus in Libra I found out about that because I knew a sexually freaky (but friendly, and I was comfortable with him) guy and I looked up his chart and thought "aha!" as I saw it. However, he was not into open relationships (he was ok with the idea), though he did share a girlfriend with another guy once. In his case, his moon in cancer and venus in scorpio kept him monogamous, IMO.

Of course that assumes astrology is a valid way to know someone. And even if it is, and all the factors (not just sun signs) are taken into account, then it describes inclination, not destiny. Environment and other factors also matter. It's more of a way to see which way the psychic winds are blowing so you can set your sails (or take them down) accordingly, and the real use to me is seeing how compatible one is with another.

Btw, I had trouble with a girlfriend of mine (the stud) and I feared it wasn't working out. We went to couples therapy but our counselor was a smug idiot who made it even worse. Then I dragged her to an astrologer and she read us right (whether it was her skill at astrology or just good people reading skills, I'll leave that up to the reader to decide) and her advice worked and made our relationship possible and happy for many years. Granted, it ended badly but she said our chart (mainly how the planets in our chart related to each other) showed that it would and suggested we just enjoy a brief fling and stay friends after rather than trying to make it work and probably never seeing each other again after it was over. In retrospect I wish we'd listened to her. Astrology 1, Psychology 0.

Once again Pix, you've blown my entire mind away. Imu2 . I'm not even sure how to adequately respond Disoriented .
Though, I can see the logic and it makes sense. Smile

Live and let live, to each their own.

Nice reflection Confusedmile: