Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catch up
Hi all! I've not been around much lately, so here's a quick catch-up.

On Christmas Eve Paul popped the question! I said "Yes". I had a wonderful Christmas. Paul's mum, I think, was more excitable than anyone.

We started looking at Wedding venues yesterday and attended our first wedding Fayre today. Lots of good ideas (which we are going to steal and do ourselves - We don't need to spend £300 on a wedding cake when 3 regular cakes from Marks and Spencer with some decoration would make exactly the same display and taste. So many suppliers see "wedding" and price gouge, it's very irritating)

So, I'm elated that in such a short space of time my life has turned around so much for the better. Yet, it isn't all good news. My dad insulted Paul earlier this evening as if he wasn't even in the room. My dad was arguing with me over wedding costs (which we are keeping down - We are keeping the budget low and not hiring anything we don't need) and he referred to Paul as my "next fiasco" :frown:

so happy for you - must be a wonderful feeling getting married, as for your dad - he;s loosing his son Sad he does want the best but it may be hard for him.....it may have come too quick for him too ! = u got my love m8 - hope you have a wonderfull day

Congratulations!

If I were you I'd tell your father to watch his mouth.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

What lovely news, Colin! Many congratulations to you and Paul. I feel like we've witnessed your whole life on here!

Sorry to hear what your father had to say. That seemed rather uncalled for.

Wonderful We (Pancake and I ) wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Big Grin Hope you have a great day, and have a lovely life with paul Smile

sorry to hear about your fathers rude comment, though just forget about it dont let anyone ruin your momment Smile

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

Hello Colin and Welcome back, lol. Yes, it's nice to hear your news. Your father doesn't seem to have taken in the fact that now you're going to be less of a fiasco. It would be interesting though to find out what makes him say that. He may have some prejudice, or maybe he's seeing things that you don't want to hear. I don't know, but it might be a good thing to hear him out about it. He may be completely wrong about it, of course, but sometimes parents see things that we don't. However, it was not a very nice comment. Maybe he was just in a bad mood.