Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Up
Anocxu Wrote:Wouldn't it be hillarious if Cobalt turned out to be a Chippendales dancer...?

Laugh I was hoping nobody would ever find out about that. I quit that scene long ago...I thought it was behind me...

But seriously if I had a body like that I would probably be doing something showing off my body for cash.

I thought about stripping to pay for law school..

Such a shame I didn't go to law school..

It's not always easy to open up about certain parts of ourselves. Perhaps the fact that this is bothering you shows that you're ready to take baby steps in that direction?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I think that's a good point. Before I wasn't really bothered by it, I figured I had my own things outside of our relationship and he had his. As we've gotten closer/started living together over the past 15 months or so I guess I'm getting more inclined to want to share the little private world I had been keeping to myself for so long.

LOL.....This was one of the first things I asked my therapist about many years ago because I do this with the people I am closest to

According to her...I am an introvert pretending to be an extrovert to protect the introvert....and I am still trying to figure out that one. I recognized her wisdom and insight in general so I don't dismiss it...just still not sure if it applies or not....

I have been with my BF for 30 years now and although we are very close....and easily share the deep stuff...the everyday small stuff is kinda like our own personal "space"...and I decided along the way over the years that it isn't really the problem that I perceived it to be....and alot of the things that interest one of us don't interest the other one very much anyway....

East: That's how it feels for me too sometimes. Sort of like I have my own little world and I've accepted it. Part of me is okay with that and the other part of me wants to bring him into it and see what he thinks. Thanks for your input, at least I know I'm not alone.