Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openly gays in military.
Shiner Wrote:Russ marine is a definite boost to confidence, however I am in the military, and we have a fantastic equity and diversity mentality.

I know plenty of out guys and girls that serve here with pride (not an intended joke) and they are loved. Sure we have the times that we make them our brothers and sisters, and part of that is joking, tongue in cheek. For example overweight guys will joke about their weight, LGBT guys and girls joke about their sexuality, so its not for everybody but everyone is accepted as equal, you just have to accept an inappropriate joke time to time.

The military for men in general is pretty homosexual in a way, and even my straight mates admit it, come on your guys and you rely on each other for everything, you shower together, you sleep in the same room, you eat together. There is no shame, it is just life.

I spent 26 total months in Afghanistan. I know what you're talking about Shiner. Now all the guys who didn't know about me at the time are totally cool about me being gay --- some of them have confessed doing gay shit with each other and are married now.

Oh Gods, be still my beating heart... Men in uniform!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Oh Gods, be still my beating heart... Men in uniform!

I used to be a boy scout, does that count?

Adam Wrote:I used to be a boy scout, does that count?

yeah.
You set up the tent and rub sticks together to start a fire.
We'll go kill some Taliban to cook for supper.

Adam Wrote:I used to be a boy scout, does that count?

Can you still swear the hanki and hat (and only those?) then yeah sure.... :biggrin:

I had a thing for my Boy Scout leader... But I was in denial about it at the time... He had wonderful calves - like totally amazing, I would find myself staring at them all the time...

Boy scout shorts - two thumbs up!:biggrin:

memechose Wrote:yeah.
You set up the tent and rub sticks together to start a fire.
We'll go kill some Taliban to cook for supper.

IDK, is that kosher? I refrain from unkosher foods... usually.... I do make exceptions once in a while....

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:IDK, is that kosher? I refrain from unkosher foods... usually.... I do make exceptions once in a while....

How culturally insensitive of you Bowyn. Taliban are always roasted Halal not Kosher.

memechose Wrote:How culturally insensitive of you Bowyn. Taliban are always roasted Halal not Kosher.

Yes I do know the difference between the two diets...

So we have a problem.... See I stick with a Kosher diet (for reals) and I can't have Halal as its not fully attuned to the kashrut.... its complicated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...etary_laws

So you're just being insensitive to my dietary needs and completely forgetting that others don't follow the Qur'an - how religiously intolerant of you.:biggrin:

Its not nice to host a dinner party and not take into consideration the needs of your Guest. Miss Manners would be appalled.