Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opportunity, I hope so.
Well, hello folks. After much debate with myself, I have made an important decision that will effect my future greatly. I am quitting from my M.A. :frown: and moving back to Fredericton where I will do a B.Ed instead. I decided that I truly don't have the drive necessary for doing an M.A. in Classics (I can't stand translating all the time). I still love the mythology and history, but I can't focus just on those areas.
At least I have a B.A. in Classics, and hopefully I can focus on history for a B.Ed.

Why can't life be easy...:mad:

Woah,big move buddy but at least you took a leap of faith and not everyone is brave enough to do that.Best of luck with your B.Ed.If you don't mind me asking,what career are you working towards?

i have no idea what M.A., B.A. or B.Ed stand for but indeed it sounds like a big step.

good luck and i'm sure you'll do fine with the choice you've made; you seem confident and strong enough to make it through anything you put your mind to, so *raises glass* cheers! Confusedmile:

LOL!pocket,a MA is a Master of Arts,a BA is a Bachelor of Arts and a B.Ed is a Bachelor of Education.Now I'm working my way to a MBA through a correspondence,hope I go through with it.

uf, thanks Dan. :biggrin: not really in the know when it comes to abbreviations of this kind!

and how does it work through correspondence? you are following online courses and have to submit papers by internet or...? :confused:

Since I got my BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) at the University of Cape Town,it only made sense to now continue with my MBA there because you don't have to write many essays/reports & your GMAT score isn't that important.Its not really correspondence,its evening classes but since I usually wasted after work,my father somehow convinced the Dean to let me do it through correspondence (textbooks,e-mail,phone).

Plus,UCT is not far from my flat or my parent's place so when the going gets tough,I attend an evening class.pocket,what are you studying?Gosh,I've made this forum all about myself!

Dan1089 Wrote:Gosh,I've made this forum all about myself!

Thats fine with me. I just wanted to put my plan somewhere. I dedicate this topic to you and pocket.:biggrin:

cool Dan, that's really convenient for you i'd think! indeed this way it's much more appropriate if you are also working. Confusedmile:

i am in my fifth year out of six at the university, studying architecture. currently in belgium as an erasmus student but just for this year, then it's back home for me! i'd like to follow a master program somewhere else though, paris would be dreamy but i think it's a long shot. i'd like to start working this semester in parallel with my studies but i hope the schedule will allow me to. could surely use a system like yours right about now :biggrin:

XRIMO, it's sweet of you to dedicate this thread to us, and as a reply i dedicate this song to you...

...and this song to Dan

:biggrin:

You two are adorable.I think that the Erasmus programme is very cool but I can imagine how being in a foreign country is frustrating for one!Are your lectures in English or Dutch?IWhere is home exactly?One of the languages I speak,originated from the Dutch settlers so try to decipher this if you can ; dit was baie mooi,tot siens vrende!