Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orientation Schizophrenia
A king has the blind men of the capital brought to the palace, where an elephant is brought in and they are asked to describe it.

"When the blind men had each felt a part of the elephant, the king went to each of them and said to each: 'Well, blind man, have you seen the elephant? Tell me, what sort of thing is an elephant?"

The men assert the elephant is either like a pot (the blind man who felt the elephants' head), a winnowing basket (ear), a plowshare (tusk), a plow (trunk), a granary (body), a pillar (foot), a mortar (back), a pestle (tail) or a brush (tip of the tail).

The men cannot agree with one another and come to blows over the question of what it is like and their dispute delights the king. The Buddha ends the story by comparing the blind men to preachers and scholars who are blind and ignorant and hold to their own views: "Just so are these preachers and scholars holding various views blind and unseeing.... In their ignorance they are by nature quarrelsome, wrangling, and disputatious, each maintaining reality is thus and thus." The Buddha then speaks the following verse:

O how they cling and wrangle, some who claim
For preacher and monk the honored name!
For, quarreling, each to his view they cling.
Such folk see only one side of a thing.

The thing is sometimes there is not only one truth. Just because I am right handed doesn't mean that I don't like cats. What I am trying to say is this; I do not know your circumstances and I have glimpsed that you are in your 30's so making a life changing decision maybe harder. But in my opinion , you finding other men [more] attractive than women, may change the label the society gives you but it won't make you less or more of a person that you already are. No happiness comes without sadness but when you are happy it is easier to deal with the sadness.

It made sense in my head so I hope it makes sense to you written down.
All the best.