Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oscar Pistorius
Quote:Olympic and Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius is facing a murder charge after his girlfriend was shot and killed at his Pretoria home.

His arrest over the death of model Reeva Steenkamp has stunned the country where he is considered a national hero.

Police said a 26-year-old man would appear in court on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21459240

I am shocked!!!

Just look at my avatar picture!!!!!!!

I've got Oscar has my avatar on all the forums I'm on, cause he was an amazing man.

Dumb excuss to say it was a burglary, three shots to the head?

omggggggg I can't believe it *faints*

Teox Wrote:Dumb excuss to say it was a burglary, three shots to the head?

I wouldn't say that. I know some people who live there and the situation is not good at all. They were robbed in the middle of the night too.

But what do we know...

Teox Wrote:Dumb excuss to say it was a burglary, three shots to the head?

Nick9 Wrote:I wouldn't say that. I know some people who live there and the situation is not good at all. They were robbed in the middle of the night too.

But what do we know...

Um, Yes, to say the situation is not good is an understatement!

The man lives in a highly guarded gated community. Have you seen pics of his home? It looks like a small, private hotel! You would have to be some kind of special agent to get thru all the security. If the police thought it was just a mistake I would think that they would not have taken him in for murder... maybe under house arrest or something but South Africa is infamous for gun murders *even more than the USA (I am pretty sure of this but not 100%).

I really hope that it is not true but what I know of the psychology of the SA people it is not a very healthy people. Case in point, look up the history of their current president and his comments rape/AIDS and how taking a shower will rid one of contamination of the virus after sex Bashing

It's sad... But really we can't judge anything of this tragedy...

Even if some have an opinion, to support or charge him, in fact we're not able to judge or even having an objective assumption because we're not there, don't know all the circumstances, and moreover we don't know him...

All we know for sure, it's one of the violent places in the world.

It's heartbreaking no matter the facts Sad If he's guilty then it's distressing that he took her life, if he's not then I feel deeply for him, that he's going through all this when he's innocent.

How terrible tragic thing to happen.

Shocking but too strange... And crazy. Fire weapon are crazy.

The news is reporting that they are going to charge him with Pre-Meditated Murder now!!!

Certainly getting crazier and crazier!

Another factoid about SA crime maddness (my ex-mate told me about this daily occurrence - I do hope it has changed but doubt it)... While driving it is very terrifying to come to a stop sign or red light! Why you might ask?! You are very likely to be car-jacked!

I had read of one woman who drove her car just outside her walled, secured home and came to the first stop sign and was car-jacked! She wrote it was her daily fear and often left her petrified in her own home.

These monsters dont just carry guns, but like the president after winning his rape trial... he and his supporters left the court in a mob to their headquarters carrying machine-guns!!!

*I dont think any sort of smilies are necessary here UGH!

fjp999 Wrote:Another factoid about SA crime maddness (my ex-mate told me about this daily occurrence - I do hope it has changed but doubt it)... While driving it is very terrifying to come to a stop sign or red light! Why you might ask?! You are very likely to be car-jacked!

We have a few carjackings in Nairobi, but mostly its "just" theft, sometimes armed, sometimes opportunist, but in the main its in stationary traffic. Thats why we don't stop for red traffic lights.

Even if you stop and the doors are locked, there are certain areas where they steal your car mirrors while your stationary (yes seriously!)

Takes a bit of getting used to that style of defensive driving LoL

ObW
X