Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oscar Pistorius
If crime is so bad then how come cops aren't deputizing people to help combat the problem? :confused:

And how common is vigilantism? I'd think it would be extremely common.

I heard he did it when he was legless.

I might catch hate for this, but:
stu Wrote:I heard he did it when he was legless.

That's an impressive feet!

***having an issue with the quote function! soooo using copy/paste...

Quote:Originally posted by: Pix If crime is so bad then how come cops aren't deputizing people to help combat the problem?

And how common is vigilantism? I'd think it would be extremely common.

I dont think we can really understand the reality these people live in in South Africa.

Again, this was described to me by a black SA brought up as a child under apartheid - describing black on black violence. The current President under trial for rape (described above) at one point proudly made the point the he was the chief of his tribe and it was his duty, as chief, to take as many women as he wanted.

They say this is what won him the Presidency! The people were looking for such a leader, such a Chief! such an open rapist!

I forget the actual number, it made huge news. Desmond Tutu spoke out about it ... a survey came out about the number of men who admitted to raping a woman and it was like either 70% or 80% something insane like that... like it was something normal to rape women, like drinking water! Those are the number of men that admitted to rape!

Also remember that South Africa is the jewel of Africa! The most advanced country in all of Africa! The major cities are very modern but the countryside is very tribal... and all the youth/uni students must return to barbaric practices. It is like going from the modern age to when the dinosaurs roamed!

I could go on and on but even with all the stories I know I cant even imagine the life there. But no, I dont think deputizing people would work since the police are corrupt since the President is pretty mad (imho).

Well this is embarrassing, so many people are killed in South Africa daily and the one that makes the news is that of a national hero shooting his girlfriend.

To answer some questions/comment on your observations:

Yes, it is pretty bad in South Africa

Yes, Silver Lakes (where Oscar lives) is well protected, but still not free of crime

Our President is an idiot when it comes to HIV/AIDS and our previous health minister suggested onions and potatoes as a cure for HIV...

Car-jacking is a daily reality, my brother has been in 2 attempted car-jackings and been mugged 4 times, in front of the court houses (he is a lawyer)

The South African farming community has suffered from attacks for many years, the majority of the victims have been Afrikaner (white) farmers, with claims of death tolls of up to 3,000. While the government describes the attacks as simply part of the bigger picture of crime in South Africa, white farmers point to brutal attacks and incidents involving self-declared anti-white motivations as evidence of a campaign to drive them off their land.

Now, if you want to read some more on South Africa:
Police probe rape of 100-year-old woman
3 men shot execution style
South Africa's lesbians fear 'corrective rape'
Family executed in Walkerville
Mother, daughter killed execution-style
Cash-in-transit vehicle robbed
Corruption biggest threat to SA

I'll reserve my judgement until we hear the official story on what went on. I know things do not side well with Oscar but I still don't think it's fair to conclude that he is guilty. But if he is, shame on him.

Another thing I find it tacky for people to make fun of his disabilities with the shooting. Grow up, people.

Quote:Oscar Pistorius freed on bail until murder trial begins in June

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb...rder-trial

He killed somebody. On purpose, repeatedly, no accident, for no reason other than that they existed. He didn't see them, he didn't have a threat to his life. He just killed somebody in cold blood becuase they were in his home, when he had the opportunity to get out with his g/f.

I can't see how it matters whether it was premeditated or not. He's got to go down for that.

Teox Wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb...rder-trial

He killed somebody. On purpose, repeatedly, no accident, for no reason other than that they existed. He didn't see them, he didn't have a threat to his life. He just killed somebody in cold blood becuase they were in his home, when he had the opportunity to get out with his g/f.

I can't see how it matters whether it was premeditated or not. He's got to go down for that.

Just because Oscar Pistorius has been freed on bail doesnt mean that he will be found not guilty.

It is a sad reality that where people have a right to own guns for protection they will use them. If one believes that their life is being threatened by someone entering their property, into their home, then they have the right to protect themselves and that means by actually murdering the other person.

It is unfortunate that the police are not doing a very good job in this case (or in most cases) to prove that Oscar Pistorius is guilty. OMG, they have really made a mess of things, let alone that the lead detective is up for murder himself Flamingdevil What a hot mess!!!

The conviction rate in South Africa is estimated at less than 10%!!! Even with that low rate the prisons are still full!!!

The story Mr. Pistorius has laid out is full of holes and one hopes that the detectives will figure it all out and this poor woman will not have died without her murderer being punished...