Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other guys not into stocky
So I am a stocky guy, very nice, very clean and polite. I am a bottom and I rarely am able to find guys interested or willing to fool around with me. Is there just something about stocky guys that is a turn off?

Hello Samdabisa, and Welcome to GaySpeak. I don't know if there's something about being stocky that displeases the general crowd, but I would say that mostly people, once they get to know you, are not really interested in what you look like, unless they are particularly shallow. They are probably more interested in your personality.

When you say you are stocky, do you mean that you are rather short (and therefore not likely to grow in height?) or that you are very muscular (and a bit short proportionately?), or that you are (slightly) overweight? It is true that we are all submitted daily to pictures of gorgeous men most of whom we could not hope to imitate for lack of resemblance in shape and looks, but we all know that's not the real world.

If you are not happy with your looks, would you consider doing something about it to have more chances of finding a partner / some partners? Are you looking for hookups or are you looking for something more steady? All of this may have an influence on how we can advise you (in so far as we have any advice to give on the subject).

Are there any traits in your personality that you could put forward (I heard 'clean and polite', two good plusses there already ConfusedmileSmile other than what your physique yields?

You seem to be putting this down to how you look, so maybe learn to dress in a more appealing fashion (again this may depend on how much you can spend on wardrobe), get a different hairstyle, accessorise etc... If physique is not important, then see if there's anything else that you can improve on or use to your advantage: a sense of humour, kindness, helpfulness, discreet charm...

I know that being on the scene is sometimes particularly daunting for those of us who don't correspond to the shallow criteria of handsomeness and beauty, what many gays are looking for as well. But having an average physique does not stop anyone from making friends. In the long run it's the personality that counts more.
Good luck.

Stocky in the State usually means we pack a few more pounds then the normal guy you see.

stocky in my country means TOO FAT
And it is for most gay guys a nightmare to be that (at least in my country)

I don't put any values who a person is.. not my kind of cup of tea !!
Good Luck with your dating anyhow !!!

I'm a borderline stocky guy and of course I do like other stocky guys, more than skinny guys actually. more cushin for the pushin :biggrin:
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I guess it depends on where you live? I know a LOT of people that love stocky guys. I'm a huge lover of stocky guys and I'm always more comfortable with them because they're so huge and strong but at the time so cuddly lol. It's a huge turn on for me. But people not wanting to be with a stocky guy, in my opinion, or brainwashed by society into thinking you have to be paper thin and so does everyone else and they're not open to trying anything else besides their preferences.

I love stocky guys (especially stocky bottoms). You're finding the wrong people. It could be possible they don't like your facial features, and it has nothing to do with your build though. Maybe it's something else entirely.

Well our society simply encourages perfection, and anything that isn't what they believe to be perfect isn't worth the spotlight.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I am stocky in the sense that I have some extra weight and am in the process of trying to work it off. As far as facial features, I am told I look younger than I actually am. Fashion has never been my forte. I work long hours as an EMT, so i tend to dress casual otherwise. I am usually a khakis and polo guy typically; I not into suits. Clubs generally aren't my cup of tea unless I'm with the right set of friends.

Up Front....I'm not physically attracted to large guys at all. No rhyme no reason, simply not attracted to big guys weather it be muscles or a few extra pounds.

No less of a person and I have some greats friends that fit into the 'stocky' category, but I just have no attraction to that build.