Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ouija board - bad experiences - please do not try this at home
After reading a different post I thought I should advise those not sure of what they are doing to avoid playing with this form of medium - when I was a teenager my friends and I played about with it but unpleasant and aggressive things happened - before I even knew I was gay and when I was in a relationship with a female, a malicious spirit outed me and said I had a secret and that I desired men - freaked me out - after that the messages got more and more nasty to everyone in the group and we stopped messing about with it after that - it made us all afraid of what we were dealing with
Blackbat

One of the reasons I hate Halloween is because that is typically when lots of people play with stuff they shouldn't, like those spirit boards.

I was raised in a household where malevolent spirit entities were openly invited. I have experienced things that would make people's hearts stop.

Unfortunately our society has turned its back on the notions of demons and powers beyond the rational world, as such more people play with things they really shouldn't. It always leads to major problems.

You sound like you were lucky to get off with as little damage as you did. Most demonic experiences comes with hosts of demons that require a lot of hard work to get away from.

Ok.... about ten years ago, i done a ouija board with 3 others, almost straight away the thing was wizzing around, it spelt a name, i cant remember what, because then it went to 6 and 6 again, and as it headed to 6 again, we all agreed to take our fingers off, it disturbed us so much my friend screwed up the bit of paper and threw it out the window... an hour later a neighbour wanted to know why we were chucking "burning" paper out the window.

That was ten years ago and vowed id never mess around with that again.

Priests and exorcists are constantly warning people about Ouija boards. Apparently, they are a major cause of demonic possessions.

I never used one and I don't intend to.

I have never been afraid of things like that, I once played with a similar game at a party with some friends. It was painfully obvious that it wasn't real, and when me and a friend moved the slider around, I could feel the pressure from her hand (whether conscious or not, I'm not sure). Basically a friendly spirit told us that he was lonely, and felt guilty for his son's death (the last people to live in the house had experienced a fire, which killed the occupants), but my friend was highly familiar with the story, and I think that is was perhaps too convenient. I think it is possible that this is the case with you --- perhaps one of your friends even outed you, or was making a nasty joke.

I've never tried something like this privately on my own, though I've considered it (I have a morbid curiosity sometimes). I'm leaning on not though, just because I don't want to scare myself. Smile.

Sorry about the bad experience ---- whether I personally believe in the supernatural or not, that sounds frightening! Hopefully you never experience something like that again.

It's not the practice of Ouija Boards that are the hazards, it's the fragile and impressionistic minds that are involved in the Ouija.

I spent years as a teenager into my early 20's with Ouija, never rally took it too seriously, but had some poignant moments but can say if it was the human mind controlling the Ouija or if it was the essence of the departed influencing the Ouija.

I don't believe in possessions, I don't see how it could be possible. I believe 'possession' is a mind that is predisposed to mental illness being adversly affected.

I believe demons are the things you fear most. In that vein, I definitely believe in possession, but not from an invisible third party.

historical Wrote:I was in a relationship with a female

a female what ? a female horse ? a female cat ? a female dolphin ?

megumidesu Wrote:a female what ? a female horse ? a female cat ? a female dolphin ?

"She had flagellum that could go for miles."

I'm sorry, believers, but as far as I'm concerned the only thing that moves a ouija board is your own desire -- conscious or not. Search the "ideomotor effect". It can be very convincing. I have played with ouija boards, sceances, psychics, mediums, and all manor of the paranormal. I remain unconvinced.

I have a friend who has multiple personality disorder. If I wanted to believe she is possessed by demons, I would easily. I prefer the understanding that the human brain is capable of amazing contortions to fool itself, protect itself, and otherwise fabricate a perceived reality to suit its purposes.

This world is still full of mysteries, but ghosts, demons, and angels are not amongst them. My opinion, of course.