Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ouija board - bad experiences - please do not try this at home
Geminize Wrote:[...] This world is still full of mysteries, but ghosts, demons, and angels are not amongst them. My opinion, of course.

I can't say I'm a believer but I do keep an open mind about these things.

How are you so certain that the devil, demons and angels don't exist? Just because science can't prove it?

Moreover, if (and I stress the word if) the Devil does exist, then I believe he would try to keep his identity a secret and would not declare open war on mankind. Guerrilla tactics, if you will.

-------------------------

I've used them in the past, mainly as a teenager, for giggles. Honestly, I've always been kind of weird.. visiting graveyards at night.. huge fan of horror -- for awhile I was absolutely obsessed with aliens (not to the point of wearing a tinfoil hat, but close!). If I could have actually talked to a spirit back then I probably would have lol. That said, I'm not sure if they "work" or not.. I'd like to think so, but realistically I think it's all in the human mind.

Counselor Wrote:I believe demons are the things you fear most. In that vein, I definitely believe in possession, but not from an invisible third party.

True, you can allow yourself to become someones possession or allow yourself to be possessed (Owned)

Its all fake. Its just one of the people doing it with you screwing with you.

People realise that the ouija board is a registered board game owned by hasbro yeah?

It was invented as a novelty and popularised during world war 1 as a gag communication device to the troops overseas.

MisterLove Wrote:How are you so certain that the devil, demons and angels don't exist? Just because science can't prove it?

The simplest explanation for an event or phenomenon is almost always the truth. It has been demonstrated that the human brain can fool itself in many ways. We see things that aren't there because our minds "fill in the gaps" of our vision with familiar forms. We have false memories of things that never happened. We don't like feeling out of control, so we create stories of supernatural beings which we have a chance of influencing through prayer, charms, spells, whatever.

So with the example of the ouija board, what's more likely? Supernatural entities or disembodied spirits somehow cause the pointer to move, but only when people rest their fingertips on it. OR, people knowingly or unknowingly cause the pointer to move themselves. I see no reason to accept the supernatural explanation until the very human explanation has been ruled out.

Geminize Wrote:The simplest explanation for an event or phenomenon is almost always the truth. It has been demonstrated that the human brain can fool itself in many ways. We see things that aren't there because our minds "fill in the gaps" of our vision with familiar forms. We have false memories of things that never happened. We don't like feeling out of control, so we create stories of supernatural beings which we have a chance of influencing through prayer, charms, spells, whatever.

So with the example of the ouija board, what's more likely? Supernatural entities or disembodied spirits somehow cause the pointer to move, but only when people rest their fingertips on it. OR, people knowingly or unknowingly cause the pointer to move themselves. I see no reason to accept the supernatural explanation until the very human explanation has been ruled out.

I've never seen a demon and I have no proof that supernatural entities exist. But we all know several extraordinary stories and real cases that science cannot explain, e.g. allegedly possessed people that speak in languages that they never learnt before. Clairvoyants are another example.

I once saw a sz person having this terrible fit of rage and I actually believe he was possessed. He said the most horrific and disgusting things I have ever heard in my life and in the end was really happy with himself. I can't prove this was a case of possession, of course, but I can tell you this: the look on his face was the most frightening thing I've ever seen in my life, it was barely human.

Geminize Wrote:The simplest explanation for an event or phenomenon is almost always the truth. It has been demonstrated that the human brain can fool itself in many ways. We see things that aren't there because our minds "fill in the gaps" of our vision with familiar forms. We have false memories of things that never happened. We don't like feeling out of control, so we create stories of supernatural beings which we have a chance of influencing through prayer, charms, spells, whatever.

You say "we see things that arent there because our mind fills in the gap" dont you think its more likely we dont see things that are there" and mostly the mind blocks it out. and as been said there are more well reported cases, just nothing has happened to you personally.