Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ouija board - bad experiences - please do not try this at home
partisan Wrote:You say "we see things that arent there because our mind fills in the gap" dont you think its more likely we dont see things that are there" and mostly the mind blocks it out. and as been said there are more well reported cases, just nothing has happened to you personally.

Actually I don't think that's more likely.
Take this for instance, a man took a heavy dose of a drug that alters his brain, while on this drug he saw his dead great great great great uncles cousins sisters aunt Lucy.
Was lucy really there?
Or was his brain making it up?

Chances are it's his brain.

The same goes for when you're not high, You brain puts in images that you WANT to see.
You knew or thought it would be there, and your brain is a lot more powerful then you think so it put it there.
Psychologists will tell you this, in fact in psychology when I took the class that's exactly what the teacher told us.

Also as an aspiring scientist I find it insulting that "because science cannot explain it that automatically qualifies as proof."
It does not. It's not proof nor is it evidence.
It's your job to PROVE YOUR CLAIM, if you claim it's supernatural you have to PROVE it. You can't just say "well... science can't prove me wrong!"
That's like me saying "Fairies are real!"
You (rationally) going "What dude you're stupid, they aren't!"
Then me saying "WELL PROVE ME WRONG!"

Anyway I just thought I'd chime in with that.

Armandork Wrote:Actually I don't think that's more likely.
Take this for instance, a man took a heavy dose of a drug that alters his brain, while on this drug he saw his dead great great great great uncles cousins sisters aunt Lucy.
Was lucy really there?
Or was his brain making it up?

Chances are it's his brain.

The same goes for when you're not high, You brain puts in images that you WANT to see.
You knew or thought it would be there, and your brain is a lot more powerful then you think so it put it there.
Psychologists will tell you this, in fact in psychology when I took the class that's exactly what the teacher told us.

Im well aware of this, sure there are cases of it, but it doesnt prove anything, just because theres lots of people drink coke it doesnt mean lemonade doesnt exist does it. We might see things that arent there but all im saying is we might not see things that are there also Smile

I've just dug out my old Ouija board, I've turned down the lights and I've asked it if there's any substance in it's prognostications.

Be patient, the spirit world is a bit slow tonight...

... scrape ... scrape ... here it comes, the spirits say it's...

b...o...l...l...o

Damn! The phone rang, lost my concentration, the spirits have departed.

What could they have been trying to tell me?

Bollo? Hmm quite a popular dogs name! The spirit was trying to tell you something, you should always let them finish! (Fade out with creepy music...

MisterLove Wrote:we all know several extraordinary stories and real cases that science cannot explain, e.g. allegedly possessed people that speak in languages that they never learnt before. Clairvoyants are another example.

Yes, we all know stories, but a thousand stories don't add up to a shred of evidence. Real, documented cases of possession, clairvoyants, psychics, demons, or angels? I know of none. Don't label me as close-minded, because I would love to meet an actual psychic, telekinetic, etc. I'd love it if I could claim such wonderful abilities myself.

Quote:Orignally Posted by partisan
dont you think its more likely we dont see things that are there" and mostly the mind blocks it out. and as been said there are more well reported cases, just nothing has happened to you personally.

I have no doubt we don't see things that are there, but just because something is unexplained doesn't mean that it proves our favorite fairy tale. (Angels, demons, poltergeists, aliens, etc.)

So, I'll bite. Can anyone here share a well documented case, unexplained by science, where a supernatural cause seems to be the only explanation. It's easy to say there are many real, well reported cases, but can you point us to just one?

To be clear, I'm not asking for stories of something that happened to you (unless it was investigated, then I'd be very interested). I'm asking for links, references to documented cases explained by the supernatural and not by science.

partisan Wrote:We might see things that arent there but all im saying is we might not see things that are there also Smile

Right there.
That is exactly what my second half of my previous comment is about.

Here you are making a claim. For this to be considered you have to back it up with evidence.

All I could say at this point has been summarized from Geminize so I'll just back out of the conversation now.

Geminize Wrote:Yes, we all know stories, but a thousand stories don't add up to a shred of evidence. Real, documented cases of possession, clairvoyants, psychics, demons, or angels? I know of none.
I agree but I'm a polyatheist. XD
[Image: Polyatheist_c2a888_1722117.jpg]

In Italy, since 20-25 years we have the C.I.C.A.P. Quote from wikipedia:
Quote:CICAP (Comitato Italiano per il Controllo delle Affermazioni sul Paranormale; in English Italian Committee for the Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal) is an Italian, non-profit, skeptic organization, founded in 1989. CICAP's main goals are the promotion of the scientific analysis of alleged paranormal phenomena.

During over two decades they have offered about 1.ooo.ooo€ (or a similar huge amount, I don't remember) to everyone, from wherever in the world, able to show a supernatural event, magical, or astrological etc.
No one has succeeded. In over 20 years.

Pengy

Malevolent spirit entities (AKA Demons) have intelligence. They know when they are being watched, they know when a skeptical inquiry is being held.

I have been in places where before the scientists entered with their equiptment there was 'symptoms' of the house being possessed. As soon as the equipment entered the place the house quieted down.

I have a pretty unique background, raised in a household where contact with malevolent spirit entities was done purposefully and often. I have experienced things which are not 'rational' and reasonable for the solid world of science.

I have 'seen' things (entities). I have seen 'shadow people' the dark outlines of a human being. I have seen 'vortexes' of black energy. I have heard 'psychic' voices yell 'go away'... And this is before I started drinking, using drugs and other stuff - and on several occasions I was with people who also experienced the exact same thing.

In my 30's my mother was possessed by a host of entities. Plagued, tortured etc. I stood there and watched her get slapped by an invisible hand and the welts of a hand-print showed up on her face. No trick was involved, its not like she slapper herself, her face was slapped hard enough to turn her head and then the welts appeared. No she didn't grab at her face thus I know she didn't slap her self.

I watched the back of her hair be pulled upward and backward from her head as she sat at a table. There was no fishing line, no one standing behind her, no breeze, no wind and it was the stark afternoon not some dimly lit chamber in a dark night.

I walked through a cold spot in the house. No this wasn't the A/C or a cold draft, this was a column of cold air in the middle of a room in a modern well insulated house in the middle of a bright summer day where it was nice and warm.

Her husband witnessed scratch marks appear on her back. Nothing was there to scratch her - at least nothing seen.

Understand she called this on herself and worked real hard to get in that state.

Yes, as a matter of fact she most likely did go insane there, however it was not the insanity that caused these things, these things that happened to her drove her insane.

I have felt the presence of evil. It is palatable. You feel it once and you never forget it.

I know a lot of people have been blessed to not experience this stuff, and I know that science hasn't been able to explain it - yet. I know that a lot of things that were accused of being possession have been explained by science, such as epileptic fits which were considered for a long time by humans to be a sign of possession.

There is a world out there which science has to to figure out how to measure. Try as it may to explain things away, the reality is that there are things in this world which defy logic, reason, rationality and science.

Someone once said that the greatest thing the devil ever did was to convince humanity he doesn't exist... I think there is a bit of truth there. Malevolent spirit entities have intelligence, while we may not know their real purpose or reason for pestering humans, if they do exist and are intelligent, then it stands to reason that they know when we are trying to measure them with out instruments and 'prove' they exist.

It makes sense what bowyn says, I can't tell you how many little things have happened to me and stopped the moment theres been "light" on the subject, so know suprise bringing cameras and whatnot the entitys arent going to stay