Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Weird Wonderful Family
If you are in the UK I thought I'd let you know of an up coming documentary you may be interested in.

It is from Channel 4's Cutting Edge series and it's called "My Weird Wonderful Family". It is on Wednesday (21 July) at 21:00.

Here is the blurb:
Quote:Gay British millionaires Tony and Barrie Drewitt-Barlow hit the headlines when their two children, Saffron and Aspen, were born to a surrogate mother in the US, using donor eggs and the couple's sperm. The pair were accused by some of 'going against nature' and 'shopping for the ultimate gay accessory'.

Brother Orlando was born four years later, using a frozen embryo. No mother figure has been involved in the children's upbringing, and Barrie and Tony want to keep it that way.

A decade on from Saffron and Aspen's births, award-winning documentary film-maker Daisy Asquith films the family over the course of a year, as Tony and Barrie try for more babies.

She charts Tony and Barrie's incredible, emotional journey and asks the older children what it's like growing up with two fathers ('Dad' and 'Daddy') and no mum, and how they feel about their new siblings.
The documentary follows the family as they select an egg donor from an online catalogue and talk to the pregnant surrogate mother via video link, before Barrie travels to America for the birth and brings the twins home.

Meanwhile, Saffron and Aspen celebrate their tenth birthdays - Saffron's presents include a pony and a mink coat - and the kids change schools after disgruntled parents object to Barrie playing the fairy godmother in the children's nativity play.

This intimate Cutting Edge documentary gets behind the headlines to paint a distinctive portrait of a unique family, and looks at how Tony and Barrie's single-minded determination to have children has affected them and their kids.

More here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-we...ful-family

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Thanks, Colin, I'll set the video to record it while I go and see Dweezil Zappa perform in Cambridge.

It will be interesting to see how the family has grown. I remember the documentary when the babies began to arrive. The two dads were also very easy on the eye I seem to remember Confusedmile: