Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out on facebook
congrats Big Grin I bet most people had the same courage

Coming out on Facebook can be very liberating. Although I didn't do anything to my profile pic, I just entered I was interested in men (it was previously blank) and waited for people to spot the change.

As an aside, being a man interested in men on Facebook gives me much more interesting ads.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:... As an aside, being a man interested in men on Facebook gives me much more interesting ads.
I hadn't thought of that. You've obviously made better choices. I guess it's my membership of certain anti-Mormon groups that keeps bringing me advertisements for the LDS church. There seems to be a bit of a flaw in this technology!

Ive been suprised by the responses I have gotten. Here they are:

"Know what ben am I missin something. Happy new year buddy!" "Congratulations!"
I know I'm so happy for him!
Doesn't matter what your orientation is, you're alright in my book.
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Yeah, Ben!!
I agree with George's comment above!![/COLOR]
So proud of you Ben
hey man, i know i give you alot of hell at work but if you are out the closet i think thats awesome. and if any one gives you shit about it let me know and ill make them look stupid for you. stay cool ben
Let me know too Ben.....I will F---- with them
You know where i stand on it, my dear friend. You're more than all right in my book!!!!!
You know that you have the WHOLE families support and love Ben. Just keep smiling Ben
Just be WHO YOU are Ben!!
[COLOR="Blue"] You are who you are. dont change a thing
[/COLOR]

Way to go! But when you change the interested in part of your facebook your ads take a turn for the ridiculous.

Edit: totally should've read the post above mine Facepalm
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Although they still aren't advertising things I would want, at least they contain eye candy for me ;o)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

theyetisleeps Wrote:Way to go! But when you change the interested in part of your facebook your ads take a turn for the ridiculous.

Edit: totally should've read the post above mine Facepalm
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I changed who I was interested in a long time ago. I did see a change in ads on facebook. Mostly for gay dating sites. I noticed on Youtube I was searching coming out storys and the ads were targeted towards gays. The weirdest ad campaign I have seen is the mormon church advertising all over a gay forum I visit.

Marvinteck Wrote:...The weirdest ad campaign I have seen is the mormon church advertising all over a gay forum I visit.
Hmm, that software bug must be more widely spread than we thought! Maybe the programmer has a sense of the ironic Rolleyes

Congrats !!! you are so brave!!! I wish one day I can do that.

About facebook thing: somehow facebook sniff that I am gay even though I did not put any "interest". I occasionally receive ads for LGBQT community, probably due to my friend list and the pages that I like.

That's a real bold move and (to me) seems like a fun way to come out, congrats!

Facebook has ''sniffed out'' that I'm gay as well which I think is hilarious. I see gay ads too. I have no idea how they know... unless they stereotype based on the things you like?