Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outgrowning your once closest friends.
I think you are only learning the difference between what an acquaintance is and what a friend is. http://www.differencebetween.net/languag...nd-friend/

While there is the straight v gay nature and all of these other things at play, I think your eyes are opening up to what qualifies as 'friend' and clearly you disagree with much about these people and for what ever reason put up with it in the past, but now feel you no longer need to put up with them.

BTW birds of a feather flock together... There is a lot of different ways that that phrase can apply in this situation. Straights flock with straights, gays flock with gays. Gossipers flock with gossipers, back biters flock with back biters... Etc.

I hope you are becoming a bird of new plumage and will seek the right kind of people, folk who are substantial, tolerant, loving who will reflect what you are.

Ah,I know the feeling. I feel like I'm more opened to any possibility,freed from any bigotry,and most certainly released from the perception of a binary world.

I've found it harder to share my problems with my straight friends. Some of them are just listeners,they have no ability to give any insights,while some of them just see it as wrong and uncomfortable to be discussed with.

But I thought to myself,this doesn't have to change things with them. I'll just educate them. And so I will.

Sorry guys for the late reply. Some interesting things and great points mentioned to think about.

The problem is I've tried to talk about this sort of stuff in the past with my straight friends, it couldn't feel anymore awkward. Echoing Manza's post I'd love to make them see that nothing really matters about how people present themselves to the world but I just get the impression that if I do they'll think I've become some moaning liberal gay guy that's too serious to have fun with anymore.

Though bringing this up here it seems like its been a common thing for friendships to be put under strain when you finally start accepting your sexuality, whether the friendship stands that strain I think only time will tell whatever I try to do.

But many thanks again for your posts and time though, I really appreciate it!