Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess today was the day. Funny how things happen
Welp, I did it. Today I actually admitted to someone for the first time that I liked guys. It was kind of spur of the moment and I don't necessarily think it was the best time, but it didn't feel like a bad time either. It also went extremely well.

For those that read through my other post (the ridiculously long one), the girl I admitted things to was one I had discussed a lot of relationship issues with. Exhausted is a better word actually. I sort just dropped it on her, told her I had something important to tell her and then basically said, "Remember the discussions we've had about that girl and relationship struggles and stuff? Well, it wasn't about a girl."

She literally looked at me and said, "I know, I figured as much but I didn't want to address it because I wasn't sure if you didn't know yet or if you weren't ready to say so." We talked a little bit about it, talked about how it really doesn't change anything which is the response I hope I will always get (although I'm prepared for worse reactions).

I do feel a little better in general, not a 100% cure but I know that's not what would happen. On the plus side it came fairly easily. I didn't really stumble with any of the words and I didn't find myself catching my breath or anything which was a relief. I also don't regret it at the moment, which was a concern that I would immediately want to take it back. I had actually planned on telling two other people this weekend over a lunch date (those reactions will also be good without a doubt) but for some reason I felt like I should tell this person right then and well, just did.

Thanks for the support and advice guys. It's helped more than you can imagine.

good for you. i have also gone with my gut feeling a lot in life, and it is amazing to follow that thing.

so, congrats on the positive experience.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

In my experience it's a little easier to tell a complete stranger about this state of affairs, while it is definitely complicated to come out to people who have known us all our lives and who might (stress might) think that we are someone else with other desires. But, as you'll probably find out for yourself, it only becomes easier to tell people as you do it often enough. It becomes second nature, to an extent. It doesn't mean that everyone has to know, and you can keep a degree of privacy and intimacy for yourself, but if you feel it's going to make you feel better, take pride in who you are and the things that being different can bring to the world, your entourage and society in general. Thank goodness we are not all the same.

By the way, congratulations on that first step, even if, in your own words, it was rather safer and more supportive than you'd expected. Things have changed a lot now, and are less polarized than in the past.
You'll probably also experience a sort of distancing of yourself towards the rest of the world and feel slightly weird about being different. That feeling doesn't go away, but changes in emphasis with time as we get accustomed to thinking and saying, and allowing ourselves to be who we are.

Take care, @pman117.

congrats on coming out!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Good for you!

I'm so glad you feel better! I remember the first time I told someone. I was around 15 or 16. And the feeling of relief spewed out of me. You'll have the feeling many more times as you continue on your journey.

Congratulations Smile
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]