Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC or Mac?
[COLOR="Purple"]Wonder what mac accessories you all LOVE?

Is the Touch considered an accessory? I LOVE THAT.

And my wireless keyboard is a DREAM Scatter [/COLOR]

The touch is my sanity when I'm away with work, and driving to and from work.

I don't like the wireless keyboard - I need a number pad and proper navigation keys for proper work.

The accessory I love most, though, is not an Apple one - it's the 1password software.

Hmm, my wireless keyboard for my G4 laptop has a number pad and navigation keys. Using Sibelius (or most serious music software, come to that) is difficult without the full keyboard.

My favourite accessory is either that or the wireless mouse. I would rather use that than the trackpad.

Is yours an older wireless keyboard? The current aluminium jobbies don't. Or at least, the Swedish ones don't.

Yes, it is an older white plastic one. I wanted to buy another wireless keyboard to leave in France and was a bit shocked to discover that the new aluminium ones don't have the full set of keys. I ended up buying an older wired one. The newer keyboards also claim to need an upgraded version of the OS that I am unwilling to purchase ... everything works at the moment and any Mac user knows what can happen when you upgrade the OS and something doesn't like it. Digidesign did not upgrade Pro-Tools to support 10.3.9 at the time and I had a nightmare trying to finish a project by the deadline. I shan't do that again!

I bought the wired aluminium job for home use, and it's surprisingly good. I'm a stickler for keyboards, and think nothing can beat a proper keyswitch Cherry keyboard, but...

His nibs got a wireless one included with his iMac - it was replaced with a "proper" wired version the next day, and the wireless one is relegated to the Mac Mini on the big tv.

I have used Dos, windows 3.1, windows 95, windows 98, windows ME, windows 2000 and windows XP. ME was crap, very unstable, 2000 and XP have been the most stable operating systems so far from Microsoft. Just begining to use Vista, not impressed with it. Waiting for windows 7, seems like microsoft have got it right this time.

If I was looking to buy another computer now, I would certainly look at Macs and Linux OS.