Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POPE FRANCIS performs an exorcism (weird video!)
This one is weird and disturbing.

I'm sure most of you have seen it already, it's a video of Pope Francis performing an exorcism at St Peter's Square:

Notice the strange physical reaction of the kid.

Here's the video of the complete ceremony:

Rather than an exorcism, it seems like a slightly long blessing.

Sources in the Vatican have confirmed that it was an exorcism, others have said the opposite.

If (and I stress the word if) this really was an exorcism:

a) The Vatican will officially declare that it wasn't an exorcism, they wouldn't want to give their 'competition' any publicity; and

b) The kid's breath must have been terrible.

Anyway, the Vatican takes these matters very seriously. They even have a whole 'department' (I'm not sure if this is the right word) of exorcists led by the controversial Gabriele Amorth.

What was in the folder that was transferred from the Priest behind the kid to Papal security?

Richard

ardus Wrote:What was in the folder that was transferred from the Priest behind the kid to Papal security?

Richard

That's another mystery.

LONDONER Wrote:Rather than an exorcism, it seems like a slightly long blessing.

Maybe, maybe not.

Notice how the pope uses both hands (typical of an exorcism) instead of just one.

And notice the physical reaction of the kid, he emits these creepy noises and seems to be gasping for air.

Finally, the kid opens his mouth the second the pope lays his hands on him. I'm no expert on exorcisms but if I'm not mistaken, that's how demons leave the body of a possessed - through the mouth. And if you look closely, you'll see his entire body shuddering.

Strange and weird, to say the least.

Hmm? I was expecting more, it was so short, no manifestations or head spinning, could have many explanations, i dont know what to believe, was it premeditated or was the pope just passing?

The Catholic Church as rather recently opened up a whole new branch to deal with the new flood of calls for an exorcist.

Around the world it would appear people are reporting a spike in possessions.

The Catholic Church is in a difficult situation when it comes to demons and possession and exorcisms.

On the one hand they believe that demons are real, that demons possess people, on the other they exist in the 21st century where science and society disbelieves and thinks such things are superstition and fairy-tale.

As such, I seriously doubt that an exorcism would be performed in such a public manner.

Also, the act of exorcism is not a one stop, few seconds of words event. Exorcism is an exhaustive and often months long multiple sessions with the possessed individual endeavor. It can take many sessions to get a demon to confess its name. Most possessions it is a host or a legion of demons, so not only do you have to get the leaders name you have to get the name of each of the members of the host/legion.

Possession and exorcism is a very private deal. It is not done in the middle of the town square with hundreds or thousands present and with camera's rolling for the enjoyment of the millions in the viewing audience.

Clearly this man is in a wheel chair, obviously he has some sort of disorder which afflicts him. There are several disorders which lead to movements and reactions of the person which is 'odd' at best. Most likely this very emotionally charged event has an impact.

His reaction may be a mix of strong emotions (meeting the pope face to face is a big deal for some people) coupled with a neurological disorder.

There are various forms of blessings, this appears to be 'laying on of hands (plural)' which is a form of healing blessing and may be aimed at healing and nothing more.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:[...] Also, the act of exorcism is not a one stop, few seconds of words event. Exorcism is an exhaustive and often months long multiple sessions with the possessed individual endeavor. It can take many sessions to get a demon to confess its name. Most possessions it is a host or a legion of demons, so not only do you have to get the leaders name you have to get the name of each of the members of the host/legion.
[...]

You are the expert not me, but I'm not so sure about that.

We're talking about the Pope here and not some choirboy. If exorcisms are real and genuine, then the leader of the Catholic church is probably much more powerful than a common priest. I once read that the late Pope John Paul II also performed exorcisms and he seemed to be very 'effective' and quick.

I've also read about the 'collective' possessions you mentioned. 'Jesus asked the man his name, and he answered, Legion, for we are many' (Mark 5:9) And William Peter Blatty's sequel to The Exorcist is called Legion. But I wonder if this is not some sort of trick played by the devil to intimidate his adversaries.

Hitler did something similar, I believe. When the nazi party was giving its first steps, it seems they gave their members false numbers to make believe the party was bigger and more popular than it actually was.

This is all speculation, of course, but one thing's for sure: the Catholic church takes the devil very seriously. Pope Paul VI proclaimed that 'evil is not merely a lack of something but an effective agent, a living spiritual being, perverted and perverting. A terrible reality...' (15 November 1972)

MisterLove Wrote:... We're talking about the Pope here and not some choirboy. ...
Perverted-smiley