Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pakistan
if there is anyone on the forum that is Pakistani .. I wish to apologize in advance

we have become such a war mongering nation and have such fear that I fear you will be brought down

and trust me .. if Obama wins the election .. you will

it is interesting to me that 90% if this nation did not actually see the 9/11 attacks other than on TV .. but they agree with this

I saw it .. and it was horrible .. but we can not take over country after country after country to stop it!

Hay Mr. Dude you are right about the U. S. government being a war mongering bunch, I agree with you . McCain is no better with the BOMB BOMB IRAN diddly out of his senile mouth, his stubbornness, not to get out of wars because of oil. Obama is a hock, but he is a lot smarter, than the bottom of the class McCain. Obama is the lesser of the two evils. On that issue.

Sorry you witnessed the 911 tours being attacked first handed, it was horrendous enough on TV.

I do find America's apparent "we are the world's #1 Super Power of the hour so it's our turn to police the world" attitude to be rather worrisome I must admit ...

... and I mean no disrespect to any of you that are from America when I say that ... it's just my take on current world affairs (in part).

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I hope you are wrong. The implications of invading Pakistan, just don't bear thinking about.

As usual, Shadow is right but far too polite. Many people outside the USA consider America the biggest threat to world peace at the moment. Many people sincerely do not accept the USA's interpretations of the terms "democracy" and "freedom" and have managed to develop societies over hundreds, maybe thousands, of years that seem to work more or less; amazingly enough often without the need for American intervention. Many smaller countries (and no doubt some larger ones too) find the arrogance of the American war machine bewildering. I find this really difficult to square with the American friends and family I have who are without exception warm, outgoing, caring and generous beyond any other single group I can name.

Clearly I know nothing of the realities of any of this. I'm only an opinionated outsider, but just how do "democracies" end up with electoral systems that promise both continuity and change where needed, but fundamentally end up perpetuating the status quo?

We have a similar situation in the UK with our two party game, it's just that your election is a far more glitzy circus. Considering all the different kinds of fruit one might enjoy, why does it always come down to a choice between an orange and an orange?

marshlander Wrote:I hope you are wrong. The implications of invading Pakistan, just don't bear thinking about.

As usual, Shadow is right but far too polite. Many people outside the USA consider America the biggest threat to world peace at the moment. Many people sincerely do not accept the USA's interpretations of the terms "democracy" and "freedom" and have managed to develop societies over hundreds, maybe thousands, of years that seem to work more or less; amazingly enough often without the need for American intervention. Many smaller countries (and no doubt some larger ones too) find the arrogance of the American war machine bewildering. I find this really difficult to square with the American friends and family I have who are without exception warm, outgoing, caring and generous beyond any other single group I can name.

Clearly I know nothing of the realities of any of this. I'm only an opinionated outsider, but just how do "democracies" end up with electoral systems that promise both continuity and change where needed, but fundamentally end up perpetuating the status quo?

We have a similar situation in the UK with our two party game, it's just that your election is a far more glitzy circus. Considering all the different kinds of fruit one might enjoy, why does it always come down to a choice between an orange and an orange?

Trust me my friend .. it's coming .. Obama has no clue on dealing with anything .. he is a good speaker and might win on that