Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paragraphs
I'm getting sick and tired of the amount of long posts being written with absolutely NO paragraphs or any correct grammar and punctuation.

This is not only inconsiderate to the people reading your threads, because some of us don't have perfect vision, it is inconsiderate to YOURSELF because we are just going to open the thread, see a jumble of words and close the thread without reading let alone responding.

You want answers?

Make it easy to read.

Oh my god thank you so much for bringing this up.

I have been doing this way too much:

*clicks link*
*wall o' text*
*how about no*

same here. Even with my glasses on I couldn't be bothered reading the same line 3 times.

I don't know what you are talking about I read plenty of long posts without any problems so I don't know what you are going on about seems to me you are just looking to pick on something thats over exaggerated anyway why not go out and have some nice fish n chips instead of hovering over the computer preying on innocent people who have never been to grammar class by the way I have been wanting to ask you if you have ever been mistaken for billy idol from your photo that pose and hair sure remind me of billy he is such a cutie yes I said cutie so there

Mmmm fish and chips...

I agree. So many people write giant walls of text, that assault one's eyes like the Great Essay of China. I don't really know why they do it, but I imagine it's because they're not quite sure how to end one paragraph, and start another. That's unfortunate, since I had mastered this skill in about grade 6, and learned it years before, but some people learn differently. Which is okay. I read their text giants anyway. And I don't usually say anything, and after this giant ironic post, I'll probably not say anything for a long time again. But I would be happy if they did at least try, from time to time. Reading walls of text is annoying for several reasons. One, I usually pause and subconsciously take a little break after a paragraph, allowing myself to slowly digest what I have read in whatever paragraph I've just finished. This allows me to have a better comprehension of the subject at hand! When I'm affronted with a wall, I have to take breaks at random parts, re-read sections, whereupon I lose my place, having to re-read the entire wall several times over and over again. In addition, it's more mentally strenuous to read, probably because of what I just mentioned. And if you want to go back, to re-read a specific part, well, GOOD LUCK SIR, you're re-reading the whole thing! Another thing that's annoying is that in a text-wall-monster, no matter how many periods and commas you use, it just kind of looks like one giant sentence that just goes on forever and never stops no matter how long it goes and you can breathe but in your head it keeps going and dear god people who make wall text giants tend to use terrible grammar and not comprehend how punctuation saves lives and dear God will it ever end and then, FINALLY, it ends. And wait, what did I read? Because I was so frusterated with the wall of text, that I didn't absorb what I read properly. So time to begin the process anew, and all because some couldn't. Make. Several. Paragraphs. The lack of paragraphs will always be one of the most annoying things to me.... the only exception Being People Who Type Like This, Which Is Somehow Worse. But, in case you didn't get the point, let me say again, walls of text are horrible. And, if you read this far, surely you can understand why!

Kumawool Wrote:I agree. So many people write giant walls of text, that assault one's eyes like the Great Essay of China. I don't really know why they do it, but I imagine it's because they're not quite sure how to end one paragraph, and start another. That's unfortunate, since I had mastered this skill in about grade 6, and learned it years before, but some people learn differently. Which is okay. I read their text giants anyway. And I don't usually say anything, and after this giant ironic post, I'll probably not say anything for a long time again. But I would be happy if they did at least try, from time to time. Reading walls of text is annoying for several reasons. One, I usually pause and subconsciously take a little break after a paragraph, allowing myself to slowly digest what I have read in whatever paragraph I've just finished. This allows me to have a better comprehension of the subject at hand! When I'm affronted with a wall, I have to take breaks at random parts, re-read sections, whereupon I lose my place, having to re-read the entire wall several times over and over again. In addition, it's more mentally strenuous to read, probably because of what I just mentioned. And if you want to go back, to re-read a specific part, well, GOOD LUCK SIR, you're re-reading the whole thing! Another thing that's annoying is that in a text-wall-monster, no matter how many periods and commas you use, it just kind of looks like one giant sentence that just goes on forever and never stops no matter how long it goes and you can breathe but in your head it keeps going and dear god people who make wall text giants tend to use terrible grammar and not comprehend how punctuation saves lives and dear God will it ever end and then, FINALLY, it ends. And wait, what did I read? Because I was so frusterated with the wall of text, that I didn't absorb what I read properly. So time to begin the process anew, and all because some couldn't. Make. Several. Paragraphs. The lack of paragraphs will always be one of the most annoying things to me.... the only exception Being People Who Type Like This, Which Is Somehow Worse. But, in case you didn't get the point, let me say again, walls of text are horrible. And, if you read this far, surely you can understand why!

Oooooo..........."wall" me again, big boy!!!
Rofl

[Image: tldr.png]

LOL Kumawool, so true what you have written!

Sorry Kumawool, as it was just one long paragraph, I couldn't be bothered to read it!