Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paranoya... help me get over my fear of therapy
I know its ratter silly but I'm quite terrified of curators, psychologists, psychiatrists... Anything that has to do with mental health. I need help and i have known it for 1 tops 2 years but the fear always paralyzes me. I think i know why I'm afraid but what can i do to break phobias?

Aester the only way you're going to be able to face up to your fear is seeing your family doctor that is if you have a good working relationship with him/her and discussing with him/her your phobias if you don't then it's only going to get worse. psychiatrists and psychologists are there on the whole to look after your interests and not to harm you in anyway. So please go and see a medical professional you trust as soon as possible?

Family doctor? We don't have family doctors here in Sweden... you get a clinic to go to where random doctors will have a look on you, and where that clinic is is decided by where you live. IF you have a favorite doctor you self you can ask for him but its not 100% sure either way. But if we had a family doctor i am not sure i would go to him either way, I ratter not speak about my problems in front of my family and relatives, its my problem and they shouldn't be worried about something that has nothing to do with them.

You can start off by telling us all about your fears? if your willing to discuss them.

telling us all about your fears
maybe he dosnt know

i hope there is a pleasant event in your life that causes you to come to grips who you are. just be open to it boo.

What i am afraid of? In general i Think i am terrified of opening up and letting my guard down to a stranger, showing your self weak in front of others.

Aester Wrote:What i am afraid of? In general i Think i am terrified of opening up and letting my guard down to a stranger, showing your self weak in front of others.

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"]That's such a common worry amongst a lot of people the fear of letting your guard down and looking weak, in fact if everyone who felt like that went to see their doctor half of Europe's health services would go into melt down..!
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

so what if you let your guard down, so what if people see that your a little weak at some points. TO HELL WHAT PEOPLE THINK! you shouldnt stress cause the worst hasnt happened and youll always have something positive to go off of if you think like that. Easier said than done but whats the worst thats going to happen if you try it out?

Ratter not talk about what can happen, it might just been teen conflicts but some scars doesn't heal

phobias are hard to overcome man. Now if your afraid that your weak or you let your guard down, and especially to strangers, you can overcome that in no problem