Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents disown gay son
Just saw this video of JW parents saying they will not be part of their son's wedding, which is their right and their choice. That being said, they aren't exempt from criticism just because they are devout JW's. However, I feel they were being kind of cold. The "I love you" felt forced and the dad even laughed. So, what do you think of this?

They were being cold, people are hypocrites, I'm sure they have broken away from their "principles" many times... You get one shot at life, you get to have kids once, you want...you can either build bridges or build walls.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Failures as parent's and human beings to choose the teachings of a novel over human life.

God save us from religion!!

Zen Wrote:God save us from religion!!

Save us from ourselves... See the way I see it is that everyone thinks they are more righteous than someone else, that they're morally superior... Either way pretty weak of that guy's parents. I mean I can tell my parents aren't thrilled but they're fine with me trying to be happy...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Saw this video on Facebook not so long ago, and it made me want to give the parents a slap and tell them to wake the fuck up.

One more reason to be thankful for awesome parents like mine.

I can't imagine another gay person saying they agree with the parents, it goes so much against being gay. I really think the mother is the "hate the sin love the sinner" type, but it's so heinous that this is what religion causes. Abraham willing to kill Isaac for God, a sickening thought that is embraced by those who blindly believe.

Well, JW's are a particularly peculiar sect of Christianity.

Had a friend a few years back who absolutely hated his JW parents. He was straight as they come, a retired Army Ranger who was in Afghanistan in 2001, then went into private contracting, bodyguarding. Had a lovely wife and daughter. His parents were not kind to him, he turned his back on them and never looked back.

They do tend to be ruthless with their disfellowshipping and blood transfusion policies.