Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I ready?
I recently got scruff and it does look a hell of a lot better than grindr, but before I made my profile I started thinking is this the right time to date? I do want something special in my life but I'm not satisfied with where I am in life, I'm still working on finding the right job/career and I don't make a lot at the moment. I do plan on going back to school (again Sad ) or getting some certifications, I worked my way through school before though and still made time for friends and parties. I'm also not officially out even though at this point I don't care if people find out.

So did you guys wait to get to a certain point in life first or did you just start looking?
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I think that's something you can't really choose. Love comes when it decides to, not when we want it to.

Personally I have never specifically looked for anyone. I just live my life with its ups and downs, and if someone nice happens to cross my path - good. If not - nothing terrible.
[-] The following 2 members Like Tjemka88's post:
  • , ceez

If you feel like getting onto the apps and start using them, just go ahead. You need to be happy with yourself and head somewhere in your life you look forward too. If you find someone who feels right you’ll want to make time for him, no matter how busy you are.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • ceez

(08-23-2020, 05:10 PM)ceez Wrote: I recently got scruff and it does look a hell of a lot better than grindr, but before I made my profile I started thinking is this the right time to date? I do want something special in my life but I'm not satisfied with where I am in life, I'm still working on finding the right job/career and I don't make a lot at the moment. I do plan on going back to school (again Sad ) or getting some certifications, I worked my way through school before though and still made time for friends and parties. I'm also not officially out even though at this point I don't care if people find out.

So did you guys wait to get to a certain point in life first or did you just start looking?

I mean it sounds like you're ready for something. If you're looking for a hook-up or FWB then the apps are fine with that. People have and do find their partners on there too and sometimes those flings can become something. If you are not really wanting to do hook-ups and such then you might look at different apps that focus on dating. Facebook dating doesn't seem all that bad and depending on where you are POF (Plenty of fish) is ok.

As far as relationships go, they money thing can be a bit tricky, but it is isn't a reason not to date and not a reason not to date someone. I would rather date someone who is more satisfied with the work they do rather than someone who just makes a lot of money. Relationships work not because both people make a lot of money and are financially stable, it is all personality and emotions. I also think if you have kept yourself off the market that you should probably have some fun, figure out what things you like or don't like both sexually and in guys. Easier said than done, at any rate, if it feels right that is probably a good thing.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez, James

Maybe just use it first with the mentality of making friends, not strictly for boyfriend, and then see how things go.

It makes you clearer what are you priorities at the moment, at the same time, you can be opened to other options if there is someone that matches your future paths or conditions. Maybe you'd find someone who are in the same situation as you and you can work it on together. Who knows ?
[-] The following 1 member Likes seeking's post:
  • ceez

Thanks guys, I'm going to make my profile tonight. I would stay off the apps but Virginia is weird, the gay community is rarely seen and there's only two gay bars within an hour from me even though this area is supposed to be progressive. Plus people who come out usually leave right after. Fingers crossedSmile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

(08-23-2020, 10:24 PM)ceez Wrote: Thanks guys, I'm going to make my profile tonight. I would stay off the apps but Virginia is weird, the gay community is rarely seen and there's only two gay bars within an hour from me even though this area is supposed to be progressive. Plus people who come out usually leave right after. Fingers crossedSmile

Hell you ought to see this place, it's a damned circus here Laugh

All I can say is don't have too high expectations but don't be too pessimistic either lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez

@ceez Take the advice of a girl I once knew. She was very wise in the ways of the world. I wanted to know where the gay bars were. She said, "They all are, honey." So true.
I bid NO Trump!
[-] The following 2 members Like LJay's post:
  • , ceez