Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participants Needed
Im not necessarily talking about gift giving

I was actually talking about people who think its provided them with a new focus on life or that the virus has challenged them to identify whats important for them to achieve because they have realised how fragile life is. Or they reached a low and have turned their lives into a ocmpletly new direction becoming politically active working for organisations paying more attention to their health and helping others those kind of things.

Rather than gift giving or bug catching.

Anyway if anyone is willing to talk about their experiences please send me a message

Hi Fiona,
As i am not positive yet ive had experience of being friends with someone who was HIV before he passed away i can share that experience...

Over the 6 years i knew him he seemed to be alright and whatnot else until his body kind of just gave up.. The cause of this was that he was fed up of taking loads of anti virual drugs on a disease which was changing all the time with different strans.. His viral load was through the roof and his CD4 count was low.. Once it had dropped below 100 he told me that now is the time for him to stop medication and enjoy his life.. He would be in the pub everyday and smoke LOADS.. I think he had admitted defeat BUT wouldnt want to know when his time was so he drank himself stupid everyday.. Sitting in the pub surrounded by his closest friends was what he wanted and he got to his dying day but because he was always pissed iu dont think he knew when he was going to die or even be aware.. I have learnt that alot of people do fight the bug and live long lives so they can still enjoy the satisfaction... One thing i told him before he died was to stop and have faith in finding a cure as theres an antidote to everything out there just a case of finding it...