Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating scene...
Ok, so I've just started (as of yesterday) coming out to close friends; I plan on coming out to more distant friends and family soon. With my newfound "freedom," I really want to branch out and meet a good guy who shares my ideals, values/morals, personality type, etc. What I'm trying to say is that I really want to meet the right man and finally be in a relationship. However, I'm not the type to just walk up to the guy I'm attracted to and introduce myself and start up a conversation. I'm kinda shy at first (although all of those who know me well wish I WERE shy again! :biggrin: ), and that sometimes makes it hard to "break the ice." Any suggestions? I live in the Kansas City, MO area in the states, and have been trying to force myself out of my comfort zone in order to meet others like myself. For example, the university I attend has an LGBT office and lounge with resources for gay men, like myself. It's still kind of new to me, but I'm excited still. I realize that when I meet the right guy, everything will fall into place and take care of itself. So, essentially I'm asking you all...do any of you have similiar problems, and if so, what do you do to overcome them, or what would you recommend?

Thanks!! Rolleyes

I found that with determination with a modicum of Dutch Courage I was able to make progress in a similar situation.

I certainly would advise that you make use of that LGBT lounge you mentioned.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Just realize you may have to kiss a few frogs before you find a prince. The dating scene can be rough...best suggestion is to participate in activities you enjoy and try to meet people that have similar passions. Good luck

Great advice, thanks you two!!! I really appreciate it. I don't know if I mentioned this or not in the OP but since I'm just opening up to others about being gay, all of this is new to me. Therefore, I've been really nervous about going to the LGBT lounge, but I think once I get there, I will be ok. Again, thanks for the comments!! Confusedmile:

i've been single all my life. it does bother me, but the hope is still there. don't give up. someday, you'll find the perfect man for you. like i always think of myself.

The trick is to not actively seek out someone. Just be friends with a bunch of gay dudes and usually something will happen with one of them ^_^

hahaha...i think what borrein is trying to say is, plunge yourself into a crowd full of gay guys, and watch the puppet dance...hehe