Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathetic
I feel so pathetic, I want to cut but can't Sad

Mate, you are withdrawing from an addiction Wink

You are doing great, you are so brave and I am happy and proud of you Smile

Hang in there. Confusedmile:

DON'T GIVE IN check out the favorite comedy/comedian thread or the sick of negativity thread, laughter is great medicine.

exercise is good for taking your mind off of it to. :biggrin:

never let anyone tell you you're pathetic or worthless, you have to think positive to get through this. once you get out of high school you'll find a whole other world to explore.
Bighug

Yup, go easy on yourself. No name calling. Take good care.

you can find more in life than cutting

Why do u feel so???

U can surely wait until the dust settles down..!!!

Hugs@@@

Dont do that, please don't cut/hurt yourself. You're way too cute to scar yourselfWink
Take things one day at a time. What's pathetic about.you? Is something going on that has you so down?

Actually you can cut. If you wanted too.

You do not want to cut - this is much different than not having the ability to cut.

This is no different than the meth addict saying 'I can't use' - that is BS, I most certainly can use - if I wanted too. I do not want to use, thus I don't use.Wink

Understanding this important difference between ability and wanting to does help to ease the desire to use/cut/drink whatever your drug of choice is.

You are reasserting control over your life - in a good way. You need to understand that thus empowering yourself more in this battle against your 'addictive' nature.

They say one day at a time - well sometimes you need to set those goals a little shorter than that. Its far easier to say 'I won't cut myself for the next hour' than it is to vow to never cut again. We can all manage to deal with pain and misery for an hour, most of us falter under dealing with the idea of managing that pain and misery forever.

Of course when the hour is up you are free to bargain for another hour - as often as you need to in order to make it through the day.

Your doing good. Xyxthumbs

SadSilence Wrote:I feel so pathetic, I want to cut but can't Sad

Hey buddy,

Although I urge you not to cut remember what I posted on your first thread. "you will probably have slip ups" etc. the best advice I can give you is try your best not to and if you have a slip up afterwards in no means beat your self up about it, evaluate it. Think, why have I done this? What is making me want to do this? This is known as a "trigger". A trigger can be emotional, it can also be caused by something negative going on in your life. The main thing I can say, is get to know your triggers and then you will be able to accommodate around them. For example my triggers were anger, stress and even individuals who made me feel like crap. You remove what is triggering your self harm you remove the need to self harm. I told you before, I have slipped up but immediately after I write down what has made me do this and the best way to move on if at all. Another thing which used to get me was using the Internet and computer use, sitting on the computer for 6 hours a day made me feel worse off emotionally. I would recommend if you feel like you need to self harm, go for a walk in the fresh air or go out for a run to remove the tension you are feeling.

Self harm is something you can't totally get over, it's an addiction. I had to learn this and grasp this concept and once I did I understood it more and it allowed me to put barriers in place to minimise the damage I was causing to myself and try to get over things the best I could. Truth be told nobody will know self harm like another self harmer same as only another drug addict can know what another drug addict is like. Below is a website which I have found useful over the couple of years?

http://www.nshn.co.uk/

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_an.../self-harm

http://selfharm.net/

It will get better and you will be able to manage it.

Good luck,

mrk2010