Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathetically cute..
Hardheaded1 Wrote:Nothing stalkerish about it at all. Stalkers would be more the behavior in extreme.

In the era of social media and online identities, learning that someone likes chocolate and soccer is a basic fact. Becoming more interested in chocolate types and soccer, as a result, is simply exploring the interests that might be shared.

A stalker behavior would be more like learning someone has a favorite burger cafe and then hanging out there hoping to observe him.

The main difference is unwanted attention. A stalker follows his subject and becomes superficially "close" by data mining, in trash cans, on line, with common acquaintances, etc. Merely learning more public information about actual friends is nothing more than learning.

People are too quick to leap to the whole "weird" epithet or "stalker." I've had forum members accuse others of stalking them for nothing more than reading their public posts on the forum.

lol, thank you for the explination.... yea people don't have lives so they keep pretending that everything is weird around them just so they can get amused!!

verysimple Wrote:lol, thank you for the explination.... yea people don't have lives so they keep pretending that everything is weird around them just so they can get amused!!

The danger is that we become increasingly neurotic as a society......the one piece of advice that I would give though, is to let your guys share with you what and to be part of the adventure when you share it together....sometimes the journey is more than half the fun.

i don't actually acquire the interests of the guy i am interested in, but if among his interests there is something that i am not that familiar with, i do tend to check it out and learn about it, yeah. where before i had no motivation to learn about such a thing, he becomes that motivation. i think it's part of the natural impulse of wanting to get to know him. but there needs to be more than a passing interest for the guy.