Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paula deen going down hill!
Tyrion Wrote:It's funny this thread is here. I just logged on to bitch about this..

I personally think the whole thing is f*cking ridiculous (and as usual, agree with Tinkles :p). Granted, I don't by any means like the "N-Word" or condone using it, but who the hell hasn't said something they've regretted later? Everyone says things they're not proud of..

Not to mention, she admitted to using the word over 20 YEARS AGO, and lets face it.. she grew up in the South and was around that type of language. That doesn't make it right (obviously).. but it doesn't make her a terrible human being either. From what I've seen she doesn't particularly seem racist. She seems sorry for using the word and wants to better herself as a person..

The way I see it, this nothing more than yet another case of the PC bullshit I loathe, and now it's turned into a media based witch-hunt for no valid reason. Her career is basically destroyed over something she said over two decades ago..

Whatever happened to second chances?

I guess the moral of the story is she should have lied in court.

Thanks!!!

Yeah, this is AmeriKa. Youre guilty until you have the money to pay off the judges and lawyers.

I grew up around true racism, and because I'm white, those racists thought I would support them in their beliefs (they were wrong). Based on what I've seen in my own life, I find it very hard to accuse Paula Deen of being a racist just because she had one slip like that. It's about intent, not because you said nigger. Hell, if that were the case we'd have tons of homophobes here just because they said faggot. Give this poor lady a break.

Dumb bitch deserves everything that she's got coming her way! LMAO..

She may be an old white hag from the south, but age and upbringing don't give ya a free pass to say racist shit.

Especially, at her age and notoriety.. she's knows better.. she's a public figure (an even bigger brand), and has had 40 years to get her mind right, or at least keep her racism to herself and be damn good at it!

Best said by Africano Boi! Laugh2

my actual opinion on this is. This is hilarious. A fucking chef (note that they are NEVER the front page material) is being hararrassed by the media its terrible. If I had a nickel for everytime i've heard a lowlife hoodlum mutter "cracker" I'd be a fuckin millionaire. Old fashioned is old fashioned. Why doesnt the media go for the terribly educated schools and put them on the front page? Why not blow up the terrible grammar and slang kids use nowadays. How stereotypes are the cause of many disputes! FUCK THE COOK AND GET TO THE FUCKING POINT. IF YOU CAN FOCUS ON BRINGING DOWN A MILLIONAIRE DIABETES PROVOKING CHEF. WHY NOT FOCUS ON THE SCHOOLS- THE KIDS- THAT MAY END UP JUST LIKE PAULA HERE. EXCEPT WORSE.

MUCH WORSE.

Paula Deen was born in 1947 in Albany Georgia. Just for a little historical perspective, Jim Crow laws were still in effect for much of the south at that time. The South as a whole was DEEPLY segregated and if you were a white person in that environment you were exposed to the word "nigger" in every single facet of your life. That is a fact! The Civil Rights Act was passed in JULY, 1964 for Pete's sake! We forget how recently these things happened! Most Americans over the age of 30 in this country, remember a time when derogatory slurs were commonplace in our society! When I was growing up, for example, we called Brazil nuts "Nigger Toes". And as Mexican-Americans, we also called newly arrived illegal immigrants "Wetbacks", even though my own ancestors were, in fact, "Wetbacks" themselves. In the 70's, white people were "Honkies" to anyone who grew up in Hispanic or African-American neighborhoods. That is just the way things were. Does that make me a racist? Should I be hung out to dry because I used the words "Nigger" "Honky" and "Wetback" in the past? If that is the measure, then there are going to be a whole helluva lot of people who's heads are ready for the chopping block!

But before I get thrown under the bus for stating the truth (which is all that Paula Deen did) you should also know that I am much more than the racist comments of my past. We ALL are! Since the 60's and 70's, I have also been on the frontline of fighting racism as well as sexism and heterosexism. I have marched on DC for Gay rights, have you? I have physically defended my gay brethren against skinheads in a fist fight, have you? I have stood hand in hand with two opposing gang members on either side of me as we shouted down white supremacists at a KKK rally, have you? I have protested in picket lines in support of the Equal Rights Amendment, have you?

The point is this: Nobody... NOBODY should be condemned for language that they used nearly thirty years ago, or even for language used 10 years ago. Unless a person magically KNOWS what is in someone's heart, how can one condemn them? I don't think that anyone has that right.

Personally, I think that Paula Deen is a somewhat ignorant, Southern belle who probably doesn't fully understand what is or is not racist. But I don't believe for a minute that she is malicious. I think that she has been trapped by her own history which is a terrible place to be. But I am really over all of the self-righteous media pricks turning a deposition and a story from the National Enquirer into banner headlines! There are too many SERIOUS race issues to deal with and these blood-thirsty attacks are a complete farce! Matt Lauer is a pompous, pretentious, self-absorbed ass of the first order and so are the rest of the media sharks who have decided to railroad this one woman on a non-issue! Enough is enough.

I wish there was a multi-thank button Lalo. This whole thing is such a non-issue and a distraction and it's funny to me how much people have jumped on this thing as if it actually matters at all.

And I remember 'nigger toes'. This stuff is very recent.

Of course there is much worse going on in the world (In reference to the person who brought that up). Still, it's a topic to discuss..whether it matters in the grand scheme of things or not. I think the whole situation is ridiculous, but I'm certainly not losing sleep over it :p.

Anyway I ran into this meme today and thought it sums up how pathetic and strange the situation is in my opinion:

[Image: 1043965_352583634869122_2120365868_n.jpg]

Wonder what that says about society?

Oh and totally agreed with Lalo 100%.

I agree with this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/father-jim...lp00000009

ManicLewis21 Wrote:my actual opinion on this is. This is hilarious. A fucking chef (note that they are NEVER the front page material) is being hararrassed by the media its terrible. If I had a nickel for everytime i've heard a lowlife hoodlum mutter "cracker" I'd be a fuckin millionaire. Old fashioned is old fashioned. Why doesnt the media go for the terribly educated schools and put them on the front page? Why not blow up the terrible grammar and slang kids use nowadays. How stereotypes are the cause of many disputes! FUCK THE COOK AND GET TO THE FUCKING POINT. IF YOU CAN FOCUS ON BRINGING DOWN A MILLIONAIRE DIABETES PROVOKING CHEF. WHY NOT FOCUS ON THE SCHOOLS- THE KIDS- THAT MAY END UP JUST LIKE PAULA HERE. EXCEPT WORSE.

MUCH WORSE.

EXACTLY!
Wheres the focus on bringing all these monsters called "bullies" down and erase them from ALL schools, jobs, and cities/towns??????

Thats more worthy spent time than trying to drag down some old lady for a word that black people constantly use!!!

Beaux Wrote:I agree with this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/father-jim...lp00000009

Very well said.

Crucifying someone now, and in this type of public manner, not only "smooths" over the "consciousnesses" of the idiots destroying her and her career for a short time period.....what they dont realize is that it also re-enforces those who use "name calling" on a regular basis, to do it even more, more harsher, and even get violent. How many blacks will have to suffer at the hands of NeoNazis or skinheads because of this? And Ms Deen isnt to blame, its the morons who are trying to "bring her down" for a buck and their 15 minutes of fame....not for justice of any kind.

And I can pretty much make a safe bet, that all these people trying to destroy this woman are the ones who go out and call others by the same names that they accuse her of. Because that is one constant I have seen all my life....those who "cry wolf" are themselves, the actual wolves.

Should Ms. Deen be chastised for what she did/said? Because she IS a "public figure", yes...she should. But she wasnt given a chance to defend herself or make restitution for her indiscretions....she was nailed to a cross, with a noose around her neck, and kindling at her feet!

ALL other celebs and famous people who have been caught using the "N word" have done nothing more than go on a talk show and say "Im sorry, it was wrong", and the incident is forgotten about.

So WHY is Ms. Deen being martyred? More than likely because she IS Southern and people know (regardless of whether they tell the truth or not), that word IS accepted as common language in the areas she has lived. And as stated earlier, its just a word that the older generation grew up with. Some dont even know they say it when they do....its as common using that word as it is "black" or "african american".

Yes, she should be chastised for what she did and have been made to publicly apologize, as they have done to all previous celebs and famous people....not be crucified and burned alive at the stake!!!!