Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penis problems
So, I've always been a bit nervous about peniz size, and the usual stuff - but now that I'm getting in a position to have sex (pardon the pun) I've noticed something I'm a bit worried about.
The opening bit of my penis (urethra?) seems kinda red and (not overly) swollen, and although I don't always have pain when I pee, I have had some every now and again. I mentioned my worries to the doctor, but she didn't seem to really listen, and said it was perfectly fine. She said the same thing about a skin condition I had once - which eventually ot so bad I had to take weeks off school - but I'm too nervous to see another doctor, as the concept of getting my penis out in front of a stranger seems kinda humiliating.
So does it sound like something serious, or am I just being paranoid?

Any advice would be cool I guess x

well if you still have yet to have sex then i doubt it's anything serious or dangerous. perhaps you have a faint recurring bladder infection because that can lead to redness/burning like you described. either google it and see what you think or propose the idea to a doctor who could easily test urine for that problem.
Best of luck.

[COLOR="Purple"]CHANGE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY.

It may be nothing but you have already had a bad experience with her. CHANGE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY :biggrin:

please, believe me, any doc, even a brand new one out of training, has seen much much much more than you could ever shock him/her with.

If you would like to hear some stories of what I saw while staying in the hospital for two days - please ask Scared [/COLOR]

Drinking cranberry juice is supposed to be good for infections of the bladder and urinary tract... You can get some from your local store, surely. If the tip of your penis is sore it could be that you've rubbed it a bit too much? Make sure you have clean hands when handling your organ and try not to rub too hard. The other idea that springs to mind is that you could be allergic to something that comes into contact with your penis... have you tried wearing a condom, maybe? Some people are allergic to latex and the itch could come from that... or some lube that you are using? Or even if you use your own spit, you could be harbouring a slight throat infection that your urethra didn't see coming... Try to analyse why this has happened, even if we can rule out the normal STDs.

I’m not a doctor but I have had a similar experience and there was really nothing wrong with me. If you focus your attention on your penis too much, you will start to feel and see things which ARE there but are normal and unimportant. I am not saying this is what you are experiencing but it is possible. Especially as you seem a bit concerned about an expected sexual encounter. Do change your doctor as fjp999 suggested. Would it be easier to go to a GUM (genital urinary) clinic where it is more anonymous? You could also phone NHS direct if you are in the UK.

I would change doctors as well. Everything might be just fine, but it might not, and you're not sure either way. It doesn't seem like your current doctor is good at putting your mind to rest with her answers, and a good doctor will inspire confidence with honest, forthright answers, and an attitude of caring.

As for pulling it out in front of strangers, I've never had a problem with that, but if you're uncomfortable with it, find a new doctor, and meet him for a full physical. If he's good, there will be a whole lot of time spent on the rest of you before he gets to your "junk", and you should feel comfortable by the time finally does.

Good luck.