Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme makeover Home Edition.
Omgawd. Right not sure how many of you have actually seen this program, but I was watching it today and it had me in floods of tears!!

It was a family where the parents wee both deaf, and the youngest son was blind and something else cant remember what, and then the oldest son was 13-14 looking after them all doing EVERYTHING, and couldnt go to college/university as he didnt want to leave them..

My god the whole story was so sad!! I was like crying my eyes out.. How sad eh? Tongue
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

So they went ahead, built em a brand new house that in reality is useless to them, and built so big with so many Mod-Cons that the family can't even afford to run the place.

Seen it all before. I do like the program but i really do wish they would do it for all the right reasons.. i dont know what sets half these families apart from the thousands of other families that suffer the same fate .

Mmm well they did but the house did benefit them, and they raised like £200,000 for the upkeep so they can afford it, also the morgage paid off Big Grin
[/COLOR]

yeh but that $200,000 wont actually go that far. The average american household costs minimum $50,000 a year to run.

meh still a nice thing to do Tongue
[/COLOR]

The UK special they did last year wasn't too good. :frown:

Well the UK has too many laws and regulations to do such extreme things, I mean how can they knock down a building, rebuild a wooden one with alot of land, it simply doesnt exist in the UK. Ive never seen a wooden house over here..
[/COLOR]