Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Peeves......what REALLY ticks you off?
LONDONER Wrote:I suggest that you consult your dictionary. The word ends in "le" not "er" and it is not racist in the slightest. See these:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/niggle

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/niggle

Oh! I do believe he was gigger at a play on words.

LONDONER Wrote:I suggest that you consult your dictionary. The word ends in "le" not "er" and it is not racist in the slightest. See these:

LOL...I think that Bowyn was joking.

Littering. Put your wrappers in your pocket, 'til you get home.
You see people in the town and they're in arms reach of a bin, but would rather drop their lollysticks on the ground.

When I go to the shopping centre, I always hold the door open if someone is a few steps behind me. They don't have to say ''thankyou'' but a smile or a nod of the head would do.

People who don't flush the toilet. It's something I do without thinking - I use the loo, then I flush it. It's that easy, why can't everyone do it ?!

Coughing/belching without putting your hand over your mouth. Really off putting.

People who borrow stuff, and after a while you begin to wonder if they'll ever return it, and when they do, it's not in the same condition.

Lalo Wrote:People in line at McDonalds who look up at the screen as if there is this huge selection of items that they have never seen before! Really?! It's f!@#$ing MCDONALDS! The menu has...um burgers. Of course it also has cheeseburgers. Then again it also has MORE F!@#$ING BURGERS!!!
Seriously! If you can't make up your mind at McDonalds I hate to think how you deal with REAL life choices. OMG!

And the DRIVE THRU!!! I mean REALLY.
The drive thru is for people who know what they want, to get in and out quickly....not for some moronic, braindead idiot who has NO CLUE as to why they are there, much less what they want!!!!
And morons who are ordering food for like 2,000 people!?!?!?! Get your lazy ass PARKED and go INTO THE DAMN BUILDING!!!

LuxuryOfLife Wrote:Littering. Put your wrappers in your pocket, 'til you get home.
You see people in the town and they're in arms reach of a bin, but would rather drop their lollysticks on the ground.

When I go to the shopping centre, I always hold the door open if someone is a few steps behind me. They don't have to say ''thankyou'' but a smile or a nod of the head would do.

People who don't flush the toilet. It's something I do without thinking - I use the loo, then I flush it. It's that easy, why can't everyone do it ?!

Coughing/belching without putting your hand over your mouth. Really off putting.

People who borrow stuff, and after a while you begin to wonder if they'll ever return it, and when they do, it's not in the same condition.

Ah yes, the ingrates.

Basic common sense is born into every living creature, whether more manners ad etiquette are taught to you later in life or not. These are things that have been bred into our DNA over the centuries.

This is how I tell ingratess from the smart people.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:People who don't use the internet to research that which they have a strong opinion on... :biggrin: no not really,

But honestly Mr. Tinkles, there are those who have literally tried everything to treat post nasal drip and sinus conditions. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose-a...how/559467 is one such forum...

This would be akin to hating on a diabetic who 'refuses to lose weight'... when there is no real alternative for them, or an epileptic who 'refuses to stop having seizures' when no drug works.

Sure, modern medicine is a wonder to behold, but it ain't perfect.

Im talking about those people who have absolutely no respect, consideration, or manners for other people around them.

Im not talking about people who have chronic conditions. Ive been around people with chronic conditions of all sorts, including sinus problems. These people know they have a chronic condition, and 99% of them try their damndest to be as polite and courteous to those around them...if they cannot find a restroom to go too, or a quiet corner, or a separate room.
At the very least these people put a hanky, tissues, or even a small hand towel and place over their mouths and noses if they are going to be dripping or have to sniffle stuff back.

Im talking about the grotesque pieces of crap who go around sounding like a vacuum truck sucking shit out of a port-a-potty. THEY CAN HELP IT.

As Miss Manners stated on this subject some years ago on a news show--

There is a difference between voluntary actions and involuntary actions.
Involuntary actions may be excused, since we have no control over them.
Voluntary actions are not excusable because we ARE in control. And if we cannot control ourselves then we have no manners.

kokomoloko79 Wrote:People who are rude to anyone in the service industry
Whistling noses
Orange tans
Drunks

In the retail and service industry, the employee is supposed to say "yes/no ma'am", and "yes/no sir", Even if we find them repulsive.

Customers on the other hand, are just indescribably hateful. No, not ALL customers, Ive had some freeking awesome customers in my life, but most are not.

I think people who snap their fingers at you and scream "hey boy"!! Should have their fingers cut off and tongues cut out.

I am NOT your "boy" and I am NOT your damn "dog"!!

I dont believe Ive seen any human carrots running around. Although I have seen some people addicted to tanning beds.
Talk about "extra crispy"!!! LOL

Yeah, I used to go to this sandwich shop a friend worked at. The new manager passed me one day and he smelled like a wino!
I asked my friend what was making him smell so bad. She told me he comes to work drunk, drinks at work, and leaves work to go get drunk. So I opted to notify the corporate office of this. I was afraid for my friend, she's "not all there" and I didnt want her to get hurt. And no, Im not being mean when I say "she's not all there"......she was beaten in the head with a blunt object by a previous manager at some other job, and caused her minor brain damage. She is a freeking awesome friend, and I didnt want anything to happen to her again...so I turned this drunk in.

The thing that is #1 on my list is peoples names.

If you ask someone what their name is, then you call them by THAT name.
It is not YOUR responsibility to change their name, or call them something else unless you have gotten permission from that person to do so.

My name is Kenneth. Not Ken, Kin, Kenny, Keith, Kyle, William, Steve, or David!!!!!!!!!!!

It is rude, hateful, condescending, belittling, unprofessional, contemptible, extremely bad manners and etiquette, and shows you have absolutely no respect for that person at all.

Im talking about social obligations in general, not your close friends and/or family.....being out in public, meeting new people, getting introduced, the work place, parties, etc.

And yes, I have been guilty of it, but I usually catch myself and apologize.
Even though I might seem like I think Im perfect, I am SO far from perfect, I cant even see it on the horizon!!
:biggrin:

People who try to rush me at fast food places, you walk in and look at the board, and some snot-nose brat in your face, asking for your order, you tell them politely your just looking at the moment,then there colleauge who standing right next to them asks you! Oh sorry in the 0:3 seconds since your colleauge asked, i still havent decided.

Dog poo - pick it up.
Litter bugging.
Fly-tipping.
people talking about how good the 60s were.
Young cynical people- they go from knowing nothing to believing nothing.
People who forgive but dont forget
bullys, in any walk of life.
People who refer to a piece of music you like as depressing.
Over paid unfunny spiky-haired comedians.
People very quick to judge.
Big toe nails (cut them)
wrong spellings in newspapers (seriously!)
people who stare a lot.
Yes-people.

We need a humor font. I was trying to be funny... I know what niggle means. :biggrin: