Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Snails? <3
Nice to see the updated pics QueenOdi Smile

This is from one of my fishtanks...I don't really consider these pets, they're almost pests with how prolifically they breed LOL but a few are ok... (these get no bigger than a half-inch...for scale here, the gravel is alittle bigger than 1/8 inch)
[Image: picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=2848]

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

QueenOdi Wrote:The two babies. Not quite sure if they're Otala Lactea yet.
[Image: IMG_0918.jpg]
Those are about the the max size of the garden snails I see around here (& look very much like them).

zeon Wrote:i often as a kid would look in the garden for snails and before rush hour traffic i would dot them over the road and play survivial of the fittest.... Any alive by 10am had an extra day to live lol before i saw karma

Shame on you Mr.:mad: No snail kiss for you :p(and they have cute kissies Smile )

Glad you learned the error of your ways Cool.

~

@72Jay, :o, that's as big as they get out there? These are just the babies :p . Otala Lactea( Along with other snail families, such as Helix and Caepea) are medium-large terrastrial gastropods, though no where as large Archachatina (The biggest of the Giant african snail species) .

The Predatory, Carnivorous snail; Rosy Wolf Snail, is quite large, almost the size of a Achatina Fulica, and when you see it, you're first reaction is to jump back, cause they're pretty fast for a snail. It's partially cute though, cause it's got a moustache Smile (that's actually it's "lips" and uses them to suck snails out of their shells :eek: ) .

QueenOdi Wrote:It's partially cute though, cause it's got a moustache Smile (that's actually it's "lips" and uses them to suck snails out of their shells :eek: ) .

Wow, I have never seen a snail like that...

[Image: gastro-wolf2.jpg]

http://bogleech.com/bio-gastropoda.html

QueenOdi Wrote:@72Jay, :o, that's as big as they get out there? These are just the babies :p .

Yep thats around the biggest I've ever seen...but the little garden snails here are only around for summer (& part of spring/fall). They will either hibernate or simply not survive in the winter cold.

If I remember I can post a pic of one... but it won't be til June (May if we get a warm spring)

~Small Update~

Last night I found a Blue Otala Lactea!! They're usually brown or beige banded, but this one is a bright blue. Quite unusual I think Smile.

Azure (that's his name Smile )
[Image: IMG_0962.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0963.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0965.jpg]

Oh, the last pic is nice! So, you were hunting, huh? :tongue:

I like these:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nick9 Wrote:Oh, the last pic is nice! So, you were hunting, huh? :tongue:

I like these:

Hunting... lol I wouldn't call it that.

I actually went out last night, cause the wind was blowing away my grandmother's lawnchairs and I happened to see him on the wall across from the table. I noticed him because he's so brightly coloured.

Those slugs look poisonous :o . I don't know exactly what they are though Biglaugh .

random fact, all snails are hermaphrodites