Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets - What kind of owner are you?
Seeing as I dont know how to make that "poll" thing that goes on top of the thread, I will do it the old fashioned way.

Seeing there are lots of people with pets on here, I thought this might be a good question.

What kind of pet owner are you?

What kind of pets do you have?
What kind of names do they have?
Are they your "babies"? Do you treat them like children?
Do you dress them up on holidays?
Are they just pets to keep you company?
Do you talk to them all the time?
Do they go everywhere with you (where pets are allowed)?
Do they sleep with you or have their own room?
Do you let them jump all over people who come in the house?
Do they have regular vet checkups?
Do you and your pet resemble each other?

Etc, etc, etc......

[Image: tumblr_lob41sCeWp1qj6y02.jpg]
[Image: dog.jpg]
[Image: petowners.jpg]
[Image: 21848_120404102258-exotic-pets-teymour-t...allery.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS94VYCWYBx9yUGtEaDUK0...-_RQkKWjga]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSnOiQPUibzxJOtG1GDWa...XxVXiFh-Pc]
[Image: pet%20kangaroo%20oklahoma-591837606_v2.grid-6x2.jpg]

I like to think i have a way with animals, when i was at home we had 4 dogs, I could take them all out without leashes and have them all under control, using simple movements, people always commented how well they behaved, well trained and good natured and obedient they were. since i left home they all got fat. my little sister got a kitten that adopted me, he literally began spending all his time with me, and every single night sleeping with me, I was the only member in my family to notice his absence, as he was run over and killed. I haven't any pets now, but i miss there company so much.

I have a problem with people who babytalk there pets constantly, i just feel sorry for the confused pet, on the other hand i have a problem with people who forever talk about the danger of projectin human emotion onto animals. Because they will fail to see anything.

When I had my cat Dolly ,and my dog Honey,I considered my self a pretty good owner because I treated them well and I played with them, and I gave them all the love and care I could give.It was really hard to give them away.

I want a giant crazy dog XD
[Image: crazy-dog-pics-part3-19.jpg]
But I don't have any pet.
I have a sister in Italy but she's not domesticated.

Tim18 Wrote:When I had my cat Dolly ,and my dog Honey,I consider my self a pretty good owner because I treated them well and I played with them, and I gave them all the love and care I could give.It was really hard to give them away.

Why did you give them away?
this is not aimed at you if you have a good reason, but i find it really annoying, young kids getting pets on a whim, not understanding that dogs for 15years, also not exercising them properly - honestly some people shouldnt be allowed pets.

partisan Wrote:Why did you give them away?
this is not aimed at you if you have a good reason, but i find it really annoying, young kids getting pets on a whim, not understanding that dogs for 15years, also not exercising them properly - honestly some people shouldnt be allowed pets.

The Apartment building that we moved to doesn't allow pets.

What kind of pets do you have? I have a Maine Coon cat named Mister

What kind of names do they have? Mister is named after a cat from the "Dresden Files" series of books

Are they your "babies"? Do you treat them like children? I love him like he was my child. Cats are very special to me

Do you dress them up on holidays? No, I find dressing animals up to be demeaning to them

Are they just pets to keep you company? Mister is my friend so in that regard yes he is more than a pet.

Do you talk to them all the time? I'll talk with him yes. He seems to listen quite attentively as well Smile

Do they go everywhere with you (where pets are allowed)? No, he stays at home where he's happy

Do they sleep with you or have their own room? He sleeps in the bed curled up over my feet.

Do you let them jump all over people who come in the house? I don't have to worry about that. Mister is very polite and only gives one or two leg rubs Smile

Do they have regular vet checkups? Absolutely

Do you and your pet resemble each other? Well, he is a cat and the stereotype of cats certainly resembles me a little. Aloof, independent, needs to gain my trust and loyalty rather than give it away for free like dogs do, a true friend for life once that trust is gained....yes....yes we do resemble one another.

What kind of pets do you have?
I have a small little Australian Shepherd I rescued in Portland Oregon about a month after my previous one passed away, almost 3 years ago

What kind of names do they have?
His name is Kadin. My previous Aussie was named Caleb

Are they your "babies"? Do you treat them like children?
Pretty much

Do you dress them up on holidays?
Never, too degrading

Are they just pets to keep you company?
He's much more then that

Do you talk to them all the time?
YES

Do they go everywhere with you (where pets are allowed)?
Yes, comes to work everyday. My truck is his second home.

Do they sleep with you or have their own room?
He sleeps with mee. Last week was the first night we didn't sleep together since I got him as I had to fly out of town for a wedding

Do you let them jump all over people who come in the house?
NO

Do they have regular vet checkups?
Yes

Do you and your pet resemble each other?
No, he's much cuter

[Image: harleyface2-1.jpg]
KADIN

[Image: caleb.jpg]
CALEB

What kind of pets do you have? Two guinea Pigs
What kind of names do they have? Prophet and champion, in retrospect Champion was perhaps...a poor choice.
Are they your "babies"? Do you treat them like children? I LOVE THEM AND NURTURE THEM AND HOLD THEM AND MAKE FUN OF THEM BECAUSE CHAMPION IS SUCH A PANSY BUT I LOVE HIM ANYWAY AND I WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY
Do you dress them up on holidays? No it would scare them.
Are they just pets to keep you company? They were at first, but now I really really like them.
Do you talk to them all the time? No, I'm bad at talking to things that don't talk back... Sad
Do they go everywhere with you (where pets are allowed)? I carry them with me sometimes, Prophet isn't scared of anything anymore, so I bring him on adventures.
Do they sleep with you or have their own room? They sleep in their giant cage (I bought the biggest cage the store had) in my room with me. I would sleep with them by I'm allergic to them, so prolonged exposure to their claws gives me a rash, and they poop a lot.
Do you let them jump all over people who come in the house? LOL it took them over a month to learn how to jump. They don't jump.
Do they have regular vet checkups? I have some money put aside for veterinary care.
Do you and your pet resemble each other? Prophet and Champion resemble me in some ways. Prophet is eager and loves to learn new things and adventure. Champion is nervous, and slow to trust. But he knows I love him. He got lost under my bed once, and when he saw me reaching for him he bolted into my shirt and made his "I am so afraid please love me" noise.

And thus concludes my interview. Smile.