Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets, do you have them?
When I was young I used to love all domestic animals. Our neighbor's dog gave birth to 6 little and he gave us 2 of them which I took care of, but then I had to send them away because family couldn't stand them.

Then I had a couple of hamsters. The female gave birth to 5 little but all died because the male attacked and ate some of them. After some weeks she gave birth to 6 others, but I sent them all to my friends including the couple.

Then 3 years ago I took care of a male cat at grandmother's home. That cat gave her so much company but after 8 months he was beaten up by a car on the street and died. I loved him so much I mourned him, and never wanted to bring any more pets after his loss CryCryCry.

2 female labs
3 foster pups until early Oct
2 deballed maine coon cats over 25 lbs each
1 crow that comes around when he's hungry, the weather's bad or he wants to play with dogs and cats
a half dozen deer plus fawns that visit early mornings and nights to play with the labs until cats chase them off.
2 horses
1 house trained room mate
1 cute man who thinks I'm his pet cowpoker... but I'd rather poke him.
Nose-pick

I'm sorry to hear that Blustar TmT I always hate when things die, and I'm sorry you had to lose so many little friends

AdamAndWill Wrote:Adam: We adopted a cat whom the shelter people told us had been abused and was very frightened. When we brought her home, she immediately hid and for a couple weeks, we only knew there was a cat in the house because the food was eaten and the litter box used.

Then, Will got custody of his 3 year old nephew. Man, I was scared...a three year old? So we bring him home and he was scared and crying, and then out marches Sally (the cat). IDK, but she had him smiling in no time and she's been glued to his side ever since. She doesn't have much use for me or Will, but she loves that kid and he loves her.

SO IDK man - an abused cat and a kid who was raised in a meth lab --- I should write a book lol -Cat3

WHen you get tired of your pet human let me know and I'll take him for awhile. Maybe teach him to pick locks, make bombs and steal cars!

I have two cats. I have always had cats since childhood, had German Shephards too. Love animals.
Raise a Finch whos parants abandoned it after it fell out of the next four times in the first week (I always saved it). To this day when it sees me outside she will get excited and do a low fly-over my head chirping a greeting to me. It's funny, I can tell her "voice" from all of the other finches. Just as any parent knows their own child's. She has a distinct chirp since she never learned bird-speak from her parents. All she knows to do is a double-chirp that I started with her. She used to fly down land on my head, shoulder, or arm, but after she found a mate she wouldn't do it anymore. But she does the low fly-over.

Animals' unconditional love is so wonderful. Too bad humans can't be as loving and as accepting as animals.

some few humans can be like that, most of the ones like that I know are children, but still XD

memechose Wrote:WHen you get tired of your pet human let me know and I'll take him for awhile. Maybe teach him to pick locks, make bombs and steal cars!

Will: Come on man, do you have any idea how much paperwork is involved in shit arrests like those? Cut me a break. Teach him to rob banks and let the Feds handle it.

Her name is Meanie
[Image: 13897442716_3631106c28_z.jpg]

I love that she follows me around the house.
My sister loves that when Meanie gets frustrated, she attacks my ankles.
I love that she thinks I can't be in the bathroom without supervision. Not even for a second.
I love that she likes to snuggle up into a nest just under my ass while I sleep.
I love that if I'm gone for a few days, no matter how much of a persnickety bitch she is -most- of the time, she makes it clear how much she missed me by getting all up in my space.
I love how sometimes she meows very loud, just to try and "ping" an answer back and locate where I am.
I love how she isn't in my face -all the time- but seems to watch over me all the same.
I love how she isn't in my face for attention -all the time- but requires special petting and attention first thing in the morning and last thing before bed.
To be honest, there isn't all that much I don't love about Meanie.... other than vet bills, hairballs, and cleaning the litter box.

I don't have a pet as of now, but i do love dogs. I've been thinking of getting a small/medium sized pooch but i don't know if i would have time for it.

you sound like you have a special bond with your cat, who sounds like a little darling by the way :3
I wish I had a pet I was that close to :/
But both mt tom cat and kitten are wild, mostly