Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias anyone?
Okay it is time for yet another open question.....I'm really getting to like these Smile

[COLOR="DarkRed"]In my psychology class we have been studying phobias and fears and we shared some of our own with the class. So here's my question, what are some phobias or fears that you have? It doesn't have to be serious, a couple of mine are pretty humorous, I just thought it would cool to find out what's going on in other people's heads.

From about the age of 3 till about age 7 I was petrified of trees. If I saw one I would start crying and shaking and assume the fetal position. It's pretty funny to look back on, but at the time it was scary as hell, especially since I live in an area of the country with a whole lot of trees. Another phobia I've had and still deal with is a fear of being touched. From age 10 till about age 17/18 I refused to let anyone touch me. My mother was allowed to hug me but that was it. If anyone in school touched me I flipped out (And I wonder why I wasn't popular in school). I recall this one event my senior year of high school. My school had this exchange student for California who came to play hockey for the school. It was his last day and he went around my English class saying goodbye to everyone personally. When he came to me I held out my hand to shake his hand, but instead he grabbed me into a bear hug. I couldn't breathe for a few minutes afterward. But I think he helped me begin to get over my fear, mostly because he was super hot and him being that close was amazing. I'm getting over it more and more, but I'm still not touchy feely at all. So yeah that's me!
[/COLOR]

I'm not very good with heights, crowds and enclosed spaces. They have all brought on palpitations and asthma attacks in the past. I don't know whether any of them amount to phobias though.

I have a fear of Ventrilqilist Dolls (can't even spell the bloody thing).
Don't even like being in the same room as them, they are so creepy.
If Orvil comes near me, am phoning Bernard Mathews.:eek:

Yes, spiders. Pretty common phobia. I've gotten a bit better at not freaking out when one is near me, but still the thought of one touching me makes me shiver.

I had a dream the other night that I was in bed and spiders were crawling up my arm, I woke up but it seemed like I was still in the dream and I jump out of bed and started brushing my arm, only to realize that there were no spiders and I was fully awake.

I have a fear of fear wasps. When one is about and is particularly aggressive it always seems to target me and I literally run off flailing my arms and sometimes howling in terror.

I also hate to be walking in a forest by myself and getting lost. I used to walk my dog through the trails and got spooked by the silence of it.

I've got a severe fear of wasps, and most insects. But wasps and bees especially. Also pretty scared of the dark, but I've got a bit of a phobia of bunnies. They just really creep me out. Severely so :frown:

rb16 Wrote:... I've got a bit of a phobia of bunnies. They just really creep me out. Severely so :frown:
You are wise ... rabbits are viscious. I had a pair of white bunnies once. They existed peacefully enough in one big cage, until I had the brilliant idea of letting them have the run of the garden. They immediately took up residence in opposite corners and, at some unseen signal, would launch themselves at each other at 100mph. I've never seen so much blood and fur outside a David Attenborough documentary Scared

marshlander Wrote:I've never seen so much blood and fur outside a David Attenborough documentary Scared

Rabbits and blood. Oh god, the nightmares Laugh

Sad thing is I'm not joking...

rb16 Wrote:Rabbits and blood. Oh god, the nightmares Laugh

Sad thing is I'm not joking...

You may want to never read or watch Watership Down then...

I did when I was little.
I thought it was a horror movie Laugh