Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias anyone?
Mites and ticks, send a shiver up my spine

Spiders

I hate them its the "ew ew ew kill it kill it" kind of hate.

Spiders! Hate them! But it's not as bad as it was when I was growing up. Many many times since I moved out on my own I've ran into spiders and I'm the only one around to do anything about it so I've had to take out my fair share. So it's not AS bad as it was, but I still get super creeped out and hate them!

Animals don´t scare me... Since years I have Snakes and some spiders, bugs, cockroaches, iguanas ... my biggest spider was a Theraphosa but she died by cancer and the vet can´t help Cry
I hate swimming when I can´t see the ground... or dark water....:eek:

gah, heights definitely.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I only have one phobia. And no its not fear of flying, its fear of crashing.

I cannot ride in a jetliner without being heavily sedated. I have an irrational fear that something 'bad' will happen and we will go down in fire.

I know its not a fear of heights nor of the whole idea of floating way up in the sky above the ground.

In 1993 my then partner got us a hot air balloon ride outside of Las Vegas. I was expecting to be terrified of the whole notions of crashing, but once the pilot told me its very hard to cause a hot air balloon to 'crash' that even if he ran of fuel the balloon would only decent slowly, I was able to do the whole trip without drugs.

It was the most peaceful, serene and 'unreal' experience of my life - floating above the desert for long quiet moments. These were infrequently shattered by a blast of the propane fire sending more hot air up into the envelope.

It is reasonable to assume then that my issue with powered flight is that planes have a tendency to fall like a rock...
Likewise.
Fall like a very shiny state-of-the-art rock.:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

fenris Wrote:Animals don´t scare me... Since years I have Snakes and some spiders, bugs, cockroaches, iguanas ... my biggest spider was a Theraphosa but she died by cancer and the vet can´t help Cry
I hate swimming when I can´t see the ground... or dark water....:eek:

Although i have a massive fear of spiders. I still find some of the big furry ones cute. Theraphosa spiders being one of them apparently. Awww.:biggrin:
It's the spindly legged ones that have me in a corner shitting myself.:redfaceSadRegardless of size)
I'm sorry to hear about you losing a pet like that.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Like many people here, I'm afraid of wasps (both kinds, heh) and bees. It's one thing to be afraid of, say, a snake. But to be in the vicinity of something that can FLY towards you at the speed of a baseball and sting you in the damn eye freaks me out.

I'm afraid of a lot of things, truth be told. Bodily fluids (one reason why I've never kissed anyone at the age of 26), social situations, rednecks out in the woods, gangsters (both white collar and blue), the Illuminati, aliens, relationships, kids, churches, embarrassment, the list goes on.