Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias anyone?
I have quite a few fears to be honest.
I have a Terrible fear of high Ceilings, I am normaly foced to look at the floor or, if i'm feeling brave, straight ahead, If I see anyone else looking up or if i see the refletion of the ceiling in the floor my legs turn to jelly and I start to panic.
I also Have a fear of looking up at tall buildings, my reaction being the same as above.

And I also Have a fear of Spiders, although its not as bad as it used to be.
I generaly dislike insects.

I also Have a slight fear of flying, I normaly feel very traped and clustrophobic when on a plane.

Some weird ones, huh?:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I share rb16's terror of bunnies. I thought I was the only one, I can't even get near one then I have a panic attack. Also, I have severe claustrophobia, it gets so bad that when I'm in an enclosed space, I get a panic attack, freak out, vomit and pass out...

I really have a bad phobia when it comes to blood. I can't stand peoples blood. If I see to much of it I have a tendency to faint. I remember once playing some football with some friends and one of my friends scraped himself pretty badly. Well he chased me around the field trying to touch me with his scraped leg. He did get me bad and did faint right out. I was only out cold for like 5 minutes but man it was freaky.

I also hate spiders and certain insects. There is some critters that I enjoy to play with like your typical boy would play with but I have my limits. The whole creepy 8 legs is enough. This is the list of insects and critters I hate: Spiders, June Bugs, Crickets (I know lame), Tent Caterpillars, Box Elder Beatles, Stink Bugs (PEEEE-UUUUU), and Moths. Anything that isn't on that list I can deal with.

I had a really bad phobia of flying. Really bad. Never flew anywhere! I managed to get over it over a period of quite a few years, and now have a job where I fly most of the time.

I still have my phobia of moonins, though. Creepy scary things, and that music.... urgh!

Yep, don't like heights much either, well, really it's precipitous drops I hate. This is a pity because my favourite pastime is walking in the mountains. And I don't mind flying but I hate turbulence and there's nearly always at least a little turbulence. So before I get on board I have a good slug of brandy with my coffee and then order a bottle of wine or three with whatever I'm eating on board. I'm not an alcoholic, honestly, but it's the only thing that helps me cope with turbulence. A couple of years ago we were flying over Granada (Spain) when a storm started and all hell broke out. Thunder, lightening and very heavy rain – we were about 30 minutes from Malaga, our destination, so were gradually losing height and flying through clouds. We were thrown about all over the show and I thought I was about to meet my Maker. My partner found it exciting and real fun. It was hell for me.
But Bunnies are lovely and spiders are nice too (I know they have some nasty ones in the USA but European spiders are cute).

Fear of open heights or heights where Im not secured into something safe (like on a roller coaster), I can do some roller coasters, as long as they have the over the shoulder locking harnasses if they have a loop:friend tried to get me to ride the son of the beast at Kings Island, which I was up for even though it did have a wooden loop which I wasnt so sure about, and later confirmed when I saw that it only had a lap lock that with the loop--not trusting my life to centripetal force, and the whole its a wooden coaster thing.

I agree with the building thing as well if I have to walk in the city. Other things Im not a particularly big fan of: being on a floor of a building that has a hole in the center of the room so you can look down at the first floor. Glass elevators or elevators with a glass floor or glass side to view outside. Escalators in general...but especially ones that are all open on all side and/or have see-thru sides, police or other government authorities (I know as a whole they are there to protect and serve the citizens) but some of them have this "Im a better person or higher status person then regular citizens" complex, and I feel oddly unsafe or uneasy around them. Oddly enough after being stung severely as a child Im not afraid of bees. Though I am afraid a roosters-Ive been spurred and pecked on my back.

I don't like lakes, I know thats strange giving that my user name is..........Laugh

I have a fear of spiders, hate them, but being more tolerant of them now. I had a fear of using the toilet for years, coz when i was about 7 or 8 my cousins made me watch IT and an x files episode where that guy went through the sewers and peoples letterboxes. So i was scared i would see blood come out the taps and that summit would come through the pipes. Oh dear. I used to have a fear of flying, now its limmited to civilian aircraft after doing a lot of flying with the army to foreign lands. and i still have a small fear of being up small heights on ladders etc. I can hang out a window or climb a mountain no probelm, but when it comes to a few meters on a flimsy chair or ladder, my feet go to jelly.

i have a fear of cockroaches eeeeek i get shivers by just thinking about it

albabonzai Wrote:... I had a fear of using the toilet for years, coz when i was about 7 or 8 my cousins made me watch IT and an x files episode where that guy went through the sewers and peoples letterboxes...
Good job you were too young to have seen Candyman, then Scared