Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias........do you have them?
The psychologists of the world say everybody has phobias, meaning that everyone is basically scared of something.

[SIZE="3"]Some people do not believe they have phobias ("Im not scared of anything").
Some people have extremely mild phobias, such as is my case.
Some people have difficulty dealing with everyday tasks that most of us take for granted.

So, what are your phobias?[/SIZE]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSLI7KNdmmTvQICsbk29U...UG8GDog93C]

My phobias are:

Acrophobia - the fear of heights.

Agoraphobia - fear of a place or event where escape is impossible or when help is unavailable.

Aquaphobia, Hydrophobia — fear of water, specifically the morbid fear of drowning.

Katsaridaphobia - fear of cockroaches.

Gerascophobia - fear of growing old.

The most extreme phobia of mine is acrophobia. I get about 3 feet up off the ground, and I start feeling panic setting in. All the other phobias are very mild. Although Gerascophobia seems to be getting a little worse every year.

The only one I can think of, in a mild way, is acrophobia (fear of heights). Even seeing people in a situation like that brings on a curious feeling in, of all places, my feet. It doesn't stop me going to the top of tall buildings or the edge of a cliff for instance, but I do get that odd sensation. Maybe I'm a masochist!

Phobia? Never, I'm not a faggot, me !

Seriously, I have phobias of non concrete things, like sometimes interaction with humans, maybe crowd yes. Can't really put a word on it but I have fugitive tendancies. It's due to a phobia I think.

Oh gurl, mines are probably stupid, but hey.

Athazagoraphobia - the fear of forgetting anything.

I can remember right up until I was 5 years old, not completely accurate mind you, but I often lay awake wondering when I'm going to forget the knowledge I've so meticulously put time into gathering, whether it be Dementia or Alzheimers or Amneisia or some other memory loss.

I have above average Eidetic Memory, so forgetting to me is almost worse than death.

And a fear of hurting something, be it animal or human, which probably sounds ridiculous. It's not so much a fear as a thing I detest to even think about. I hop over a line of ants, catch cockaroaches in my house and release them outside(I posted pics awhile back of a cockaroach I rescued) and try to help people where I can.http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19600&page=4

I've always been very Empathetic and emotional for as long as I can remember, so I tend to be aloof to try and shelter myself, cause otherwise I'd go insane :-X.

QueenOdi Wrote:Oh gurl, mines are probably stupid, but hey.

I regret, we will never get married. I forget everything. I think you would kill yourself afer a couple of days Big Grin

Rhabdophobia - The fear or being severely punished or severely criticized.

That gives me panic attacks. Why the hell did I ever join the military?

Ekwarph Wrote:I regret, we will never get married. I forget everything. I think you would kill yourself afer a couple of days Big Grin

Lol, you can forget, but I'd just remind you. If I forget, then we're both done for :-X

QueenOdi Wrote:Oh gurl, mines are probably stupid, but hey.

I can remember right up until I was 5 years old, not completely accurate mind you, but I often lay awake wondering when I'm going to forget the knowledge I've so meticulously put time into gathering, whether it be Dementia or Alzheimers or Amneisia or some other memory loss.

That's a very interesting fear, very existential. I imagine the fear of forgetting things is basically the fear of the loss of your identity. Who are we if we don't have our stories? You could always tattoo the important things on your body like Guy Pearce in Momento.

I have an extreme fear of heights. I start hyperventilating even if get up on a step stool. Even stairs are very difficult for me. I can't help thinking about falling backwards and breaking my neck on them.

And social phobias: crowds, meeting new people, going to new places.... but who doesn't have a few of those?

No i like clowns, snakes and spiders. I used to have a fear of moths but overcame that, i think. Only one can say is bit of vertigo but not much of a problem.
Theres other things i dont like very much, and fears but i wouldnt call a phobia, but just a natural inclination to avoid and normal fears.