Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias........do you have them?
Dan1980 Wrote:I have a phobia of snakes.

I have a pet snake Laugh1

Cockroaches (the larger defined ones), Bees, wasp, most big ugly insects. (Flys/mosquitos and such don't bother me). But yeah even a picture of an insect close up is enough to set me dead in my tracks. I literally freak out. It's horrible :/, and I've never been stung or anything.

bees and wasps. When I was little, a bee crawled into my mouth and stung me on the inside of my lip so that's where that comes from.

I'm frightened of things that are just... creepy looking, like spiders, or most fungi, and many many plants. There is a giant succulent planted near where I live and I never walk on that side of the road. I have this awful fear that cacti and succulents will just suddenly inflate one day and they'll kill us all.

trypophobia is another one. It's that bad retching feeling you get when you look at things like this: [Image: mushroom_fungus.jpg]
[Image: trypophobia2.jpg]

I'm homophobic loooooool

I have a phobias of clowns and spiders

Lilitu I don't feel like retching when looking at stuff like that, just really itchy all over. Many of the things that people claim cause feelings of sickness or unease in people with tropophobia cause me to have itchy fits that can last up to an hour, maybe more. I've never really known how to explain it to anyone really...looking at highly-contrasted clusters of holes or cracks or wrinkles or segmented images causes that reaction in me. I wouldn't call it a phobia, but I try to avoid looking at those things because it's rather unpleasant. I'd have quoted your post but I don't want to have to look at those pictures again :p

I'm irrationally afraid of being judged for screwing up in social/formal environments. I used to be terrified of dragonflies; now it's more of a weird fascination with these harmless creepy critters that once caused me so much terror...I still prefer not to be around them though, and don't get how people think they're romantic or beautiful or whatever...they're just big ugly creepers who fly around freakishly. Oh and one more: I hate being in a body of water that is deeper than I am tall if I can see through to the bottom. So I'm fine with being in a murky lake with god knows what swimming around in it, but I avoid the deep end of a swimming pool like the plague. Talk about rational.

I suffer from undiagnosed Avoidant Personality Disorder which is social phobia in an more extreme form. It controls every facet of my life and pretty much makes my life hell on earth.

Miles Wrote:Lilitu I don't feel like retching when looking at stuff like that, just really itchy all over. Many of the things that people claim cause feelings of sickness or unease in people with tropophobia cause me to have itchy fits that can last up to an hour, maybe more. I've never really known how to explain it to anyone really...looking at highly-contrasted clusters of holes or cracks or wrinkles or segmented images causes that reaction in me. I wouldn't call it a phobia, but I try to avoid looking at those things because it's rather unpleasant. I'd have quoted your post but I don't want to have to look at those pictures again :p

I'm irrationally afraid of being judged for screwing up in social/formal environments. I used to be terrified of dragonflies; now it's more of a weird fascination with these harmless creepy critters that once caused me so much terror...I still prefer not to be around them though, and don't get how people think they're romantic or beautiful or whatever...they're just big ugly creepers who fly around freakishly. Oh and one more: I hate being in a body of water that is deeper than I am tall if I can see through to the bottom. So I'm fine with being in a murky lake with god knows what swimming around in it, but I avoid the deep end of a swimming pool like the plague. Talk about rational.

Apprently the feeling is a biological repulsion rather than a association fear like many fears are.
I guess what that means is that anything with that many holes must be deadly xP

I don't have anything strong enough to be called a phobia but spiders scare me, which I hate, because it's irrational and I used to be fine with them. When I see one in my room I want to kill it to feel safe but I know that I'd feel bad afterwards so I can't :c

SolemnBoy Wrote:I don't have anything strong enough to be called a phobia but spiders scare me, which I hate, because it's irrational and I used to be fine with them. When I see one in my room I want to kill it to feel safe but I know that I'd feel bad afterwards so I can't :c

I know. Spiders are awful. They just don't look right to me, at the same time I dont want to kill them because thats getting too close to touching them.

This is why we need guns.