Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photographs from last nights event thingy
So lately I was hired for this event and thought I'd share them here, still having issues uploading them to my FB business page thanks to it's rubbish uploader, though I've stuck them onto my flickr account as a back up! will try again in the morning to upload them to my FB page so the respective artists can see them Smile they were playing some chiptune/dubstep/electronic music for those not clear why they were at laptops haha.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doodle-d/70.../lightbox/

that be the link above, go ahead, check them out Smile

hmm, I seem to always struggle with lowlight, what did you use? Smile

I opted for my 50mm f/1.8 lens, with settings varying from f/1.8 to f/2.2 - ISO between 100-800 and a my shutter speed between 60-250 dependent on what ISO I was shooting at - for the close ups generally an ISO of 400, shutter speed of 125/160 and aperture of f/1.8, as of right now I've noticed that it was the low-res version flickr, so again - re-uploading so the link is invalid!!!

New link!!! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/doodle-d/70.../lightbox/

Thank you MidgetGem, this was the first lens I've bought. I have a lot of books about photography (I love Peterson, admire Freeman, but find his books difficult to read), but I would love to take some classes this summer.

Great shots, the ambient lighting is atmospheric and really captures the mood Xyxthumbs

Thank you for having a looksy, you're more than welcome Nick9! I tend to just venture off and take photos of just about everything and have learned through "playing" so to speak little by little - I'm still learning and yes I'll admit I had a basic class on photography at college which opened my eyes to it but this was likewise, purely practical and just a matter of going off, playing around and finding your feet with the camera and each lens you have at hand - lighting, weather, atmosphere, location etc.

Really the best thing I could suggest is to take your camera EVERY where and take photos of whatever the hell catches your eye, the mood your in etc and take the same shot over and over with different apertures/shutter speeds/depth of field/lens(es) and most importantly, the ISO rating till you find something that feels right and looks great to YOU, don't bother with what others have to say about it so long as it makes YOU happy Smile

This is really how I got to know what the hell I was doing with my camera, at first I'll admit I was terrified of breaking it by pushing the wrong button or so, but well, thats all part of the learning process which I'll state again I still am and never will stop learning Smile hell I could ramble on but won't haha don't hesitate to ask for an opinion/advice/help/tips or tricks I'm here! on flickr, and my FB page.

Not forgetting you here bookworm, thank you for your lovely compliments and the little thumbs up! spurs me on to keep on going!

Hi MidgetGem, your approach seems to be logical, but so far it hasn't worked for me Smile I am at the beginning and most of the time the camera does better pics than I do LOL. I don't have that right feel yet. You know, that right estimation of the right setting of the camera. There was a time when I took pictures everyday, I should get back to the habit Smile

Great shots , thanks for sharing . Confusedmile:

Thank you rainbowmum! quick question for you guys, would any of you buy my photographs as prints onto canvas? I've had one done recently and although this might sound biased it looks bloody amazing hanging on my wall, so rich, colourful, detailed I can't stop looking at it

LOL I was about to say no, because I assumed it must have losen the sharpness and details, but from your reaction, this doesn't seem to be a case. I guess, I'll need to explore this possibility more Smile