Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photography
Hi Kha: At times the subject is more important than the quality of the photo, that is unless the photo is absolutely dire.

This clandestine shot of a beautiful Ethiopian girl is not the greatest photograph but the lighting just caught her in the perfect moment. It was taken with a small Panasonic TZ30 P&S just using the full zoom and available light.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Kha Wrote:I do photography but not very good because I don't have a DSLR.
I took these pics with my phone Smile
[Image: 12269715155_e02c8b438d_s.jpg]20121201_172622 by karltran3s, on Flickr

[Image: 8577550132_061a8fcd33_s.jpg]2 by karltran3s, on Flickr

[Image: 8265857857_329a8b15bf_s.jpg]Exhaustion by karltran3s, on Flickr

My flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/90839573@N08/

Very beautiful shots there Kha! some gorgeous and cleverly angled shots there. #beautiful! love the closeup ones

LONDONER Wrote:Hi Kha: At times the subject is more important than the quality of the photo, that is unless the photo is absolutely dire.

This clandestine shot of a beautiful Ethiopian girl is not the greatest photograph but the lighting just caught her in the perfect moment. It was taken with a small Panasonic TZ30 P&S just using the full zoom and available light.

so beautiful, and yeah I think so too.
I'm not a professional, I'm happy with my phone tho..

Har19 Wrote:Very beautiful shots there Kha! some gorgeous and cleverly angled shots there. #beautiful! love the closeup ones

thank you Haresh :x
happy to get compliments from from a photographer :-*

beautiful pictures!

This thread doesn't get many contributions so I thought I'd post this, a cool patio in the South of Spain, perfect for when the temperatures are in the high 30s. Hope you like it.

An entirely pleasant place, Londoner. I could spend some time lounging there.

I admire the ability to take good photos and I really appreciate the escape they allow me.
I bid NO Trump!

These photos were taken in 2002 on my second visit to Petra. I am an early riser and I was the first person in to the "siq" that moring. The "siq" is the long gully through which you have to walk before you arrive at Petra itself. The morning was fortunately cool and it was even though it was my second visit, it was still a surprise after I had been walking for some time, to turn a corner and catch the first glimps of the so called and mis-named "Treasury".

That same evening I paid for a guided tour to the city again at night. The whole of the "siq"was lined with candles and the forecourt in front of the "Treasury" was filled with candles also. My attemt to take a photo of that was singularly unsuccessful. The walk through the "siq" was magical. The guide was very good and explained that the only way to enjoy the visit was in silence, i.e., no talking, no mobile 'phones. etc.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit Petra I recommend the night tour if it is available.