Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of my new apartment!
Damn!!! I got an orgasm looking at that kitchen!!!! I wish I had one like that!!!!

Your couch is perfect for that room! It makes it a center piece, which I believe is what your decorator was going for, since you want simplicity.

The bed is also perfect. I like big beds (hint hint? LOL). You can always get rid of the frame and put the bed on a compartment chassis.

Here are some different types:
[Image: cool-bed-frame-designspivot-storage-bed-...fclgvg.jpg]
[Image: Manhattan_Platform_Storage_Bed_Frame_Black.jpg]
[Image: Bedroom-Storage-Solutions-with-Bed-Frame-Drawers3.jpg]
[Image: ExpeditBed4.jpg]

Or you could get a tall bedframe and put some short, rolling cabinets underneath..
[Image: 105713407_411.JPG]

LONDONER Wrote:I do wonder why you hired a decorator? Surely you know your own taste or did you not feel comfortable enough? Anyway, as Partis says, it looks a bit bare at the moment. I am all for the minimalist look but it needs to be countered with a bit of humanity. Here's a shot of my living room. I made the two sofas myself.

All white? EEEK!!!
I cannot go into anyone's house that has all white anything....Im too clumbsy!!
I would definitely get it dirty, or spill something on it.

sillyboy86 Wrote:I love minimalist black/white...

It would have been even more so without handles!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

DrPhibes Wrote:All white? EEEK!!!
I cannot go into anyone's house that has all white anything....Im too clumbsy!!
I would definitely get it dirty, or spill something on it.

That's the risk of having something you like but the covers of the sofas can be removed and washed. It's not all white. It's countered by the warmth of the wooden floor and the rug makes quite a statement, If I can find a photo of the other side of the room that it taken up by a cabinet and a bookcase, I'll post it.

DrPhibes Wrote:Damn!!! I got an orgasm looking at that kitchen!!!! I wish I had one like that!!!!

LOL. I've never had anyone have that reaction from seeing my kitchen. The nearest I have heard was when I had a plasterer plaster a wall for me and it was absolutely perfect, absolutekly no imperfections. He rubbed his hand across it and said "You get a hard on feeling something like that"!

Here's three shots of my kitchen that is pretty minimalist.

I LOVE those ceiling lights and I love their reflection on the cupboard doors.

I wanted to get similar lights for my entire apartment but it wasn't possible - no false ceiling.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Rug. You need them. Yes I know, lovely hard wood floors - but no doubt their is a horrible echo in your place. A few well placed floor rugs will reduce the echo. One would of course go under the coffee table.

Another thing you can do to reduce the echo in the space, is to get a tapestry/ a Persian rug some sort of textile that is large, interesting and can be hung on a wall on display.

Have to agree with a lot of that. Rugs (they don't have to be Persian) and curtains help to reduce the echo and make the place feel much more welcoming.

LONDONER Wrote:Have to agree with a lot of that. Rugs (they don't have to be Persian) and curtains help to reduce the echo and make the place feel much more welcoming.

I was planning to get a colorful rug designed by super architect Siza Vieira but it was too big and heavy.

I'm not too fond of curtains. You don't really need them and they're hard to clean.

LONDONER Wrote:LOL. I've never had anyone have that reaction from seeing my kitchen. The nearest I have heard was when I had a plasterer plaster a wall for me and it was absolutely perfect, absolutekly no imperfections. He rubbed his hand across it and said "You get a hard on feeling something like that"!

So, I guess your pick up line would be something like....
"Want to come back to my place and see my sexy kitchen?"

LOL