Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pissed off at teaching qualification exams.
Well tonight I found out that as part of my teaching qualification I have to do exams in Math's and English and I am extremely pissed off as it has just been sprung up on me. Apparently it is part of the Governments standards and to be honest I find it quite insulting. Years ago I did my English qualifications along with my Math's and I think this totally devalues my degree. If I was no good in these area's I would have obviously done shit in my degree and failed. Having written a 15,000 word dissertation on antimicrobial properties from diverse natural habitats I think I have the skills necessary and having scored the best scores in my entire university department and in all of the university departments in the North East I find these tests menial and degrading. I am frankly feeling quite disgusted and it's made me think why did I bother doing a science degree if I have to do these crap tests?

Now that's what I call telling us how you really feel!!
I know it's no consolation, but the testings not for you to prove anything but rather their own regulatory burden of proof. The teaching profession is so largely politicized they look for every possible angle to cover their own arsses! I'm surprised you are caught so off-guard by the requirement though! ?? Anyway, you can and WILL get it done and I hope you get past the resentment with as little damage left over as possible! Knuddel
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:Now that's what I call telling us how you really feel!!
I know it's no consolation, but the testings not for you to prove anything but rather their own regulatory burden of proof. The teaching profession is so largely politicized they look for every possible angle to cover their own arsses! I'm surprised you are caught so off-guard by the requirement though! ?? Anyway, you can and WILL get it done and I hope you get past the resentment with as little damage left over as possible! Knuddel

what pisses me off is that i did the equivalent of these tests years ago and have worked in a lab for the past four years and have done a degree.

And it is disheartening to constantly hear teachers moaning about the job. You wonder if it is worth all the hassle.

Keep your head up Mrk.