Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic Surgery China Short Doco

Oh god don't watch the part that's about 10 minutes in with the leg surgery, they didn't warn me. O.o It was really terrifying, it was like watching torture. There was a loud banging noise and a hammer.

SO that was interesting, i liked all the interviews.

Personally I don't like the idea of a globalised, centralised idea of beauty; but I guess it's up to each individual to either accept it or not.

I think that people are pushing "beauty standards" waay too far with these procedures..

sure, reconstructive surgery and some plastic procedures are actually of medical significance..

also, Lilitu...

if you don't want people to do things, never tell them NOT to do it...Biglaugh

see, the first thing I did was to go to minute 10 and watch....

all in all, it looked like my wisdom theeth removal with the drill and stuff..yikes....but you know...on a larger scale

Wow. That's really sad. I really don't like the idea of objectifying one idea of beauty. And that leg-surgery bit. Just short of scarring. Thanks for sharing!

southbiochem Wrote:I think that people are pushing "beauty standards" waay too far with these procedures..

sure, reconstructive surgery and some plastic procedures are actually of medical significance..

also, Lilitu...

if you don't want people to do things, never tell them NOT to do it...Biglaugh

see, the first thing I did was to go to minute 10 and watch....

all in all, it looked like my wisdom theeth removal with the drill and stuff..yikes....but you know...on a larger scale

oh my god now that you say it Im reminded of my wisdom teeth surgery o.o

I remember the dentist had to shatter one of my teeth to get it out. And the top right tooth wouldn't come out because it was so deep and he spent like 10 minutes yanking it out D;

Thank you Lulu for that. It has been years since I have watched any documentaries on the world.
I need to do some catching up.

Women in China are apparently a commodity and have no real foundation. They are just bought and sold as wives, employees, and baby makers. Whats the word for that???? Slavery....yeah....I think thats it.

That is SO extremely sad!!! Western "culture" has once again destroyed a whole country.
Not just sad............sick and depraved.

On another note..........I had no idea China had become so modernized. From a lot of the speeches from business people I have seen and heard, you would think that Chinese people still live in grass huts and eat cats and dogs for lunch.