Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing around first
I didn't play around in my 20's either, but then I was still coming to terms with my sexuality. Sorry, that's all I have to offer.

devahn8 Wrote:I hear lots of people saying that you should play around and have fun in your early 20's before getting into a serious relationship. But what if you don't have the desire to play around. I mean I had commitment issues, but found out that playing around isn't as fun as a relationship, and I'm like 20. So just wanna know what you guys feel about playing around at first, cuz I feel like it should just be left to people who want to and who don't crave intimacy.

I'm the same. But my commitment issues means most people I date it's for a day or two... I'm bad at committing lol. Also I find I'm ok with this... Tho others have been hurt

Do what you feel you want to do, but know there are risks to playing around.

I just turned 24, and I've been engaged for over a year now and with my fiance for three and a half years.

I know the right thing to say might be to save it for the right person/s but honestly playing around does help you feel out your own sex culture. As long as your safe. Besides its your body. If you don't want commitment, then comb out your other opinions.

devahn8 Wrote:I hear lots of people saying that you should play around and have fun in your early 20's before getting into a serious relationship. But what if you don't have the desire to play around. I mean I had commitment issues, but found out that playing around isn't as fun as a relationship, and I'm like 20. So just wanna know what you guys feel about playing around at first, cuz I feel like it should just be left to people who want to and who don't crave intimacy.

I didn't play around. I've been in a relationship for the past two years. No regrets. I knew what I needed emotionally and did what was best for me.

Personally, I have felt my relationship helped me grow and discover my sexual self. The fun, safe playfulness and trust of my relationship freed me, in a sense, to explore.

Definitely agree with you that it is an individual’s personal decision. Do what's best for you.

You shouldn't apply generalizations on how a good life should be. It's different for everyone Smile

I'm 34 and I feel like an 18 year old lol.
I've really only recently been secure enough in who I am to start really putting myself out there, and I'm pretty much just fooling around. I'm not actively seeking a relationship but if I find a guy who I like that might change.

That's what works for me, where I am in my life right now, you have to find what works for you. Don't worry about what other people say, what other people think, you have to do what's right for you.
Have fun, find what you want PLAY SAFE, and enjoy life.
Richard

It just depends on the person I think. Some people seem to just use it as an excuse to play the field, using the "I've got time to settle down later, I'm still young" excuse... (but to be honest I can imagine a fair few of them keep it up well beyond their twenties).

Others however, just want to make sure they've done everything they want to do before they find themselves in a committed relationship, and no longer want to. It all boils down to preference.

If you don't think you want to play around, don't. If you think you might want to, try it. You're sexuality isn't something that should be influenced by whatever is "in fashion" in the current dating world.

i guess i didnt but my conservative approach was not as expected
-explore your self through other people.
-gives you a chance to make some serious mistakes up front
-see how things work and what will be expected of you in a long term relationship