Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleased to Meet You!
Hello everyone! My name is Shannon and I just happened upon this site via Google search. I am in the military and currently stationed in Hawaii and I gotta say, this place is AMAZING! I have been with my wife for 14 years which is the reason why I sought a forum like this out.

Before my wife and I had ever gotten married I told her that I had been intimate with a couple men throughout the years. At that point, I thought I was exploring new things and that I wasn't gay. A few years ago I told my wife that I had been intimate with a few men while we were together. We've spent the last few years trying to rebuild our marriage and though she has forgiven me, we've decided to stay married but live separately (in the same house). I know, this sounds ridiculous but it really makes sense to us. Our relationship has turned into that of being best friends and not romantic. Even though she has forgiven me, the marriage we once had no longer exists. I have been on a path of self-discovery (without doing anything outside of the marriage) for years but have recently come to the realization that at the very least, I am bi-sexual. My wife is convinced I'm gay...maybe that's because I love to go shoe shopping with her and critique everything we see people wearing. Wink

Anyways, she and I are in a place where we feel like we no longer have to pretend and we are content with how things are. We talk about everything to include my evolution. We know without a shadow of a doubt that we are not getting back together and we are maintaining this arrangement until I get out of the military in about 18 months.

I'm looking to find friendship and advice from others since the only person I have to talk to about how I feel and the my personal changes is my wife. I sincerely hope that people won't pass judgment on me here. I'm hoping to speak with any of you that are willing to lend an ear and help me to learn more about myself.

Thanks for reading my post; blessings!

Shannon

Welcome to GS Shannon. Interesting intro and it'll be great getting to know you. Thanks for your service! Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

This is the right place to be, many that have good advice on things, Welcome to GS
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Thank you for the warm welcomes Chad and James! I look forward to many conversations to come!

Shannon

Hi Shannon and Welcome
I hope you enjoy it here.

Definitely welcome! As pointed out, there are allot of people on here that are very insightful and more than willing to lend advise if requested, hope you enjoy our little corner of the internetz and again welcome! ^_^

Incredible introduction, Shannon - Welcome to the group! Your wife sounds like an amazing woman. I too came out late after a lifetime of struggling with women, so I think I can relate to some part of your circumstance. I hope you find the support and friendships you're looking for here so that you can continue making progress on your journey. I look forward to more of your posts, and future discussion

Thanks for the welcome Chase, SilverBullet, and Swalter! I'm so excited to find this network of people!!!

Hey Shannon welcome to GS! It sounds like your life is getting ready to go through a big phase of change which is exciting! Im glad you and your wife can get on as well as you do I think its really important to have that support.

I'm sure you will get everything you need from the forum - and everybody is willing to listen! 18 months left in the military.. Whats your plans after? Haha you enjoy shoe shopping? I work in retail and used to be in charge of womens shoes so have a stupid amount of knowledge on them :p

Look forward to seeing you around dude! Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Thanks Marky! After the military I plan to go to graduate school in the behavioral health field. As for the shoes, I'm super jealous that women get so many options for self-expression! I don't crossdress, I just really appreciate the fantastic color and style options that women have.

Thanks again for welcoming me and the conversation!