Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plutonic Relationship Seeking xD
It's almost funny how my life has turned out. I was always the kid who annoyed everyone. The kid who talked to much. Had no real close friends. Eventually that changed when I did. Slowly I realized how lonely I was and I just decided it was time to start trying to fit in. At the time, I hadn't even considered the fact that I could be gay, and if I would have, I'd have just said to hell with fitting in, because being both gay and this towns version of normal would never work. But sadly, I didn't. So I spent a good few years of my life changing into what was socially acceptable, and that was just to have friends. Now that I've graduated, and I'm about to start college 3 hours away from this horrid town, I'm a little afraid. Who will I be there? Hell, who am I here, really? I have friends who go to the college I'm attending, and I'm really glad to have them, but I have a desperate need to make a few gay friends. In all my life, as short as its been, I've never had a real conversation with a gay man either my age or older. The only role models I have for gay men are Justin and Brian from Queer As Folk, to which I've become addicted. And I think for those of you who know which show I'm talking about, none of those characters should ever serve as role models. Except maybe Debbi, but I'm not interested in becoming a PFLAG mom. So I suppose you can say, the point of this post is to see who all out there is looking for a friendship.
Believe it or not, I'm no longer that annoying little kid, and from what my friends tell me, I'm a damn good friend. So befriend me, post back on here, message me, anything. I'd love to have that first real conversation with a gay guy lol.
Until that point, I desperately need sleep, so I must bid you farewell.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! And that signature is hilarious.

Avery Wrote:Thanks! And that signature is hilarious.

It was pretty profound for me when BA said it, not to mention the VERY FIRST thing he ever responded to me with, so it holds the value of my first impression of him.

Hey and welcome Avery Smile You'll find that gay folks come in all shapes and sizes and are just as diverse in their interests, likes, dislikes, appearances, and worldviews as the rest of the population. They just have the added benefit of also being extra fabulous.

The chat room is a nice place to shoot the shit with people and chat about whatever, though to find people in there it depends on what time you log on, and I've noticed it's also more active at different times in the year. And if you want to get your post count up quickly so you can send PMs and post links and videos, post in the word games section. It's where boredom and productivity go to die.

Your location says Clemson. As in South Carolina? Because I'm in the upstate, about half an hour south of Charlotte. My best friend goes to school at Clemson.

Welcome!

The parallels of your story more than likely happens to be shared by many gay men out there.

I'm sure you'll make a ton of new friends who'll accept you for you, soon enough, when you start college. Small towns can suck the gay out of you! The new atmosphere you'll be entering with more than likely be a haven of acceptance amongst, at least, a few.

Good luck, and stick around!

I'd love to hear how things turn out 1syellow1

Wow that intro sounds a lot like myself. Welcome to gs! :3 nice to meet you. Also if you ever need to talk to a gay guy Im usually always in a talking mood! Smile

Hi Avery. Welcome to Gayspeak. Feel free to chat to me when we both on line. You sound like a funny guy. I love your profile. Enjoy!

Actually Miles that's the college I'm moving to. Truth is I'm still in Sumter, SC. But I'll be there in a few months so I went ahead and put that as my town. It's cool to meet someone so close!

Dreamer, I'm going to try the Chat Room today too. And I'll keep in touch and let you know how everything turns out Big Grin

Arman, I will definitely try and catch you online and hit you up! Ill probably become addicted to this site and let it become an outlet for my fabulousness.

Paul, I'd love to chat with you! And yeah I'm normally funny, it comes and goes. Last night I was nervous filling out the profile so it was displayed a tiny bit. You should catch me when I'm tired. My friends specifically ask me to stay awake with them so that they can hear some of the things I say. I'm a regular comedian sometimes lol.

I`m in chatroom now.